Warning! Beware of Planet X's returns, refunds tactics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Be very careful if you send an item back to them! I sent a pair of shorts and a cap back to them in June. They asked me if i wanted the £40 crediting to my bank account or if i wanted it putting into my Planet X account. Trusting them and thinking i'd keep it there for if i fancied something from them in the future i asked them to keep hold of it. I checked that it was in my account with them by visiting their site, then left it. The other week i asked how i went about spending the money and to my surprise they said that i only had £9.99 in. I checked myself and it's right, that's all i have in. I e mailed them about it, they said they didn't have any knowledge of the other £30 and unless i could provide a tracking number they wouldn't accept my story. I had trouble getting the refund in the first place as when i sent the items back the person who signs for them didn't do so. I managed to persuade them to look into it and they eventually tracked it down to a person who hadn't recorded the items being returned. They then asked if i'd like the money refunding and fool me,like i said previously, said no, you keep hold of it.
I sent them a strongly worded e mail last Thursday asking them to at least refund the £9.99 they admit to having into my bank account, then close my account with them as i do not intend buying anything off them again. So far they haven't replied. I thought i'd give it a few fays for them to reply but it looks like they're ignoring my request.

Edit... I also explained that the Royal Mail receipt i had to prove i'd sent the stuff back had been lost. It was only a small slip of paper and i know i should've kept it safe but these things do get misplaced over time. Anyway, who's to say they wouldn't deny that i sent those items back even if i had Royal Mail proof? I sent a parcel back costing me £3.50 but there was nothing to verify what was in that parcel!!

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A Royal Mail receipt is not a proof of delivery.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If the money was credited to your account then the issue is not whether or not you returned the shorts and cap but what happened to the money. Can you not see your transaction history?

Yes,but it doesn't show the £40. The reason i sent the shorts and cap back was because the shorts were too small and the cap was reduced by half its price the day after i ordered it. I have an invoice to prove i re ordered the cap and ordered the shorts in a larger size. Why would i be making this up i said to them, but they were adamant that unless i can come up with this RM receipt they wont give me the £30.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
once bitten, twice shy.

all you can do is don't buy from them again and tell everyone how sh!te they are when it comes to customer services & support.

Yes, that's part of the reason for this thread. I said to them on the phone that for the 30 quid they've nobbled me for, they'll lose a hell of a lot more by me telling folk how amateurish they are!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
But you said
So there ought to be a record of where it has gone since then.

Wont they have just clicked something and rubbed it out? It was there in June/July but not there in November.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm just glad it was £40 and not £400! Imagine buying a bike off them then sending it back, saying it's the wrong size or it's damaged. Then you phone up to ask where the refund is and they say to you What bike??!!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If I log in to my account, it shows all the transactions back to August 2010. What does yours show?

This.
Recent Orders
Order Date Order Value Courier Status
SO1131901 2016-08-15 GBP 50.00 Royal Mail Tracked 48
Track your order
Ref: FQ105961515GB Complete View / Reorder
SO1100451 2016-06-28 GBP 9.99 Voucher
Ref: Credit Note View / Reorder
SO1097437 2016-06-23 GBP 59.98 Royal Mail Tracked 48
Track your order
Ref: FP373674085GB Complete View / Reorder
SO1093225 2016-06-18 GBP 76.96 Royal Mail Tracked 48