Warning! Evacuate this fire hazard building ASAP!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
I'm assuming you haven't been up here,so why would you presume that?

the bits of sccrington I have been to sadly are as exactly as you described.

however I do understand you had a sense of humour bypass built a few years back

Drago

Legendary Member
An artists impression of Accy on the local sink estate...

v1.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm undecided now about moving out of here. I spent most of last night weighing up the good bits and the bad bits about this place. The good bits are it's a safe and secure environment. No one's going to be knocking on my door to hassle me,unless it's the warden or some fogie with a grumble. It's only a tiny flat but i've got used to that now. I have a bay window,which is a novelty for someone who's spent most of their life in a terraced house. I'm above ground floor level which adds to my privacy and keeps me above any dickheads who want to bang on my door or windows for "a bit of fun". I have my own lock up room for my bikes and bike stuff. The kitchen's brand new. The place is always warm, Too warm sometimes. I go in the kitchen cupboards and tins of food and stuff feel warm. My immediate neighbours are great. They both like me and i like them. We're all very quiet and don't like tell tales. This is the first place i've lived in where i don't have to put ear plugs in to get some sleep. I have a car parking space. Ok,it's not my own and if another person arrives with a car it'll be difficult to park,but at the moment it's ok,whereas the streets around here are No parking between 8am and 6pm.
Now the bad bits. I can't keep my dog here. They've even changed the rule from being allowed to have dogs in during the day for a while,to no dogs in the building at all times' The running of the place is influenced by just one or two residents who think they are in control. The one i call Mr Grumpy and his younger mate (moobs and belly) are nasty pieces of work and if i stay i can see myself having a punch up with one or both of them.I'm paying for things i don't use. A fair bit of my rent goes to paying for the warden,and the bleeper SOS system which i don't need. The things i do need are out of bounds. They've moved the microwave,the washing machines are nearly always full,and the bit where you once could sit outside when it was nice weather is now locked up and out of bounds as the workmen put the wrong floor down which has been deemed as unsafe.
if it wasn't for the dog problem i'd probably stay as i don't want that old complaining git to think he's forced me out. Infact i'd like to stay just to get right up the horrible little feckers nose!

JoshM

Who says you'll have a choice? It might be that you've sufficiently burnt your bridges by playing silly buggers and sneaking the dog in and out.

I have 2 dogs and I wouldn't move without them, they're an important part of my life. In fact my recent house hunting has taken longer because I've deliberately looked for flats that will allow me to take the dogs.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Who says you'll have a choice? It might be that you've sufficiently burnt your bridges by playing silly buggers and sneaking the dog in and out.

I have 2 dogs and I wouldn't move without them, they're an important part of my life. In fact my recent house hunting has taken longer because I've deliberately looked for flats that will allow me to take the dogs.

Yes but i didn't deliberately set out to end up in here, and most housing associations allow you to have a pet as long as you had it before you moved in. I've had no alternative but to sneak him in and out. As for Who says you'll have a choice?, the housing association were ok with me on the phone the other day. She was more or less saying that if i can find somewhere to keep my dog, they'd have no problem with me staying here. They want my rent! There are 4 flats empty in here. If there was a queue of folk wanting to come in here,they might take a different view but they know that they have to try and fill the place to make it pay.

JoshM

Yes but i didn't deliberately set out to end up in here, and most housing associations allow you to have a pet as long as you had it before you moved in. I've had no alternative but to sneak him in and out. As for Who says you'll have a choice?, the housing association were ok with me on the phone the other day. She was more or less saying that if i can find somewhere to keep my dog, they'd have no problem with me staying here. They want my rent! There are 4 flats empty in here. If there was a queue of folk wanting to come in here,they might take a different view but they know that they have to try and fill the place to make it pay.

Do you or did you not know you couldn't take the dog with you before you moved in? Deliberatley setting out to live there or not, you did end up there. It was your choice to break the rules regardless of whether existing pets are allowed by most housing associations. You did have alternative. You could have not sneaked him in and out. You could have spoken to the warden and possibly come to some arrangement. You could have not moved in because you couldn't take the dog. You could have moved in and abided by the rules. What you mean is you in the pursuit of your own desires you felt you had no alternative because you didn't want the alternatives. The consequences, including the animosity of your neighbours, are at least in part of your own making.

As for 'finding somewhere to keep the dog', doesn't she mean that she's willing to give you another chance so long as the dog doesn't reappear? If so are you going to abide by the rules this time? Of course they want your rent which is why you've got a second chance, but that doesn't mean you can act with impunity. There will come a point where the happiness of your neighbours becomes more important to them than your rent money, and if you continue behaving the way you've been behaving, your be asked to leave.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The consequences, including the animosity of your neighbours,
There will come a point where the happiness of your neighbours becomes more important to them than your rent money,

My immediate neighbours(next door and below me)have said they don't have a problem with my dog being here. The one's complaining live in the flats on the other side of the building. They heard that i had a dog and decided to make it their priority in life to force the issue, as they have nothing better to do than stir things up. Being where they are,they wont come into contact with him. If having a dog in the same building, though on the other side where they wont come into contact with him, upses them,then they're wimps,in my view. You have to remember,he's a Jack Russell/Shih Tzu cross,not a pit bull terrier we're talking about.

9b9846239baa06a7fe460d23dbbd752f--shihtzu-the-jack.jpg

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
Have you considered the possibility that those 'wimps' were also told they could not have pets?

Maybe they needed the special accommodation more than you so had to make that sacrifice.

Maybe they are upset that they abided by the rules then see a new resident ignoring them?

JoshM

My immediate neighbours(next door and below me)have said they don't have a problem with my dog being here. The one's complaining live in the flats on the other side of the building. They heard that i had a dog and decided to make it their priority in life to force the issue, as they have nothing better to do than stir things up. Being where they are,they wont come into contact with him. If having a dog in the same building, though on the other side where they wont come into contact with him, upses them,then they're wimps,in my view. You have to remember,he's a Jack Russell/Shih Tzu cross,not a pit bull terrier were talking about.

Doesn't matter what type of dog it is unless the rules only prohibit a particular breed of dog, and it doesn't matter why they are complaining. You took a tennency in a building that doesn't allow dogs. Another resident has complained because you broke the rules. That was YOUR doing, not theirs. However petty their behaviour (and I agree it is petty in my opinion), they are technically right and you're wrong. What has followed has been at least as much your fault as much as theirs. Same with what will follow if you continue to break the rules. More so now you know they will complain if you're caught (and you will be).

Top Bottom