Warning! Evacuate this fire hazard building ASAP!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm getting a bit worried about my new flat. Not so much the flat but about the other residents. I once worked in an old folks home. The men were outnumbered. There were about 40 residents but only 6 or 7 of those were men. It's the same where my mum is now. I'm guessing i'll be one of,if not the youngest male living there. You don't think the ladies will see me as a sex object do you? Just there to be used and abused!:unsure:

potsy

Rambler
You don't think the ladies will see me as a sex object do you?
Is there a poll for this? :laugh:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I know it's easy for me to say but unless I was dragged kicking and screaming there is no way I would leave my home that was safe yesterday because of today's "big risk".

It's a big risk living in a city altogether, loads of crap in the air which we know kills tens of thousands of people a year. often in quite unpleasant and painful deaths. But we aren't advocating banning all ICE cars or moving everyone into the countryside because the risk-link is more difficult for us to imagine compared to burning to death because some nitwit has screwed sheets of plastic to the side of the building.

classic33

Leg End Member
I know it's easy for me to say but unless I was dragged kicking and screaming there is no way I would leave my home that was safe yesterday because of today's "big risk".

It's a big risk living in a city altogether, loads of crap in the air which we know kills tens of thousands of people a year. often in quite unpleasant and painful deaths. But we aren't advocating banning all ICE cars or moving everyone into the countryside because the risk-link is more difficult for us to imagine compared to burning to death because some nitwit has screwed sheets of plastic to the side of the building.
The other way is lock the doors from the outside, with you inside.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think i'm going to have to re-home my pear tree. It's nearly 7t tall,which was ok for the last place as the walls were 14ft,but the new place's walls are about 10ft high. Maybe not re-house it immediately but it will need doing in a year or so. Maybe ask if i can put it out in the garden?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just seen this, following the article
Have you been evacuated? Call our newsdesk on 0161 211 2977 or contact us at accringtonobserver@menmedia.co.uk
I might call them but if they'd want to take one of those pics of me looking glum and pointing to the building type pics,i wouldn't know which cycling jersey to wear for the pic'?. It could take hours before i decide!:scratch:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
One good thing about the new flat. The heating(gas)bills are included in the rent and part of the leccy bill is included. My concern about the old place was how much electric i'd use in the winter. The ceiling was very high,the windows weren't fully sealed so quite draughty and the radiators were electric,which an electrician friend of mine says are quite expensive to run. I think the previous occupier of my flat must've done a moonlight flit. Every week another letter from E-On arrived. I didn't open them but they must've been demands. Maybe they'll be chasing me up for my 3 months there,though i skimped with the leccy,trying to keep the bill down.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm also going to have to get rid of one of my 3 bikes as there just isn't the room. Anyone interested in one of 'em PM me and grab yourself a bargain!!:okay:

Oh,and the exercise bike'll probably have to go as well. :sad: Though i could ask the warden if i could put it in the communal area. You never know. Get the old biddies interested in cycling,it could keep them in shape for when they come knocking on my door.:laugh:

Top Bottom