Warning! Evacuate this fire hazard building ASAP!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
Thinking about you,and hoping that matters improve,that youre not at the mercy of randy widows,from the frying pan to....I ll get me coat :okay:

potsy

Rambler
[QUOTE 4870225, member: 76"]Hold on, on page 2 Accy posted a picture of where he lives........................

but the flats that are being evacuated according to link supplied by Classic are completely different........ and not being evacuated!

i have no idea what is going on with this thread at all :wacko:[/QUOTE]
Just the usual thread hijack I suspect.

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 4870225, member: 76"]Hold on, on page 2 Accy posted a picture of where he lives........................

but the flats that are being evacuated according to link supplied by Classic are completely different........ and not being evacuated!

What, you mean the article from 2009 @classic33 linked?

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
What, you mean the article from 2009 @classic33 linked?
Posted because you had doubts about the way in which they were told being genuine. They now stand empty, unsafe to live in.

This isn't me having a go at Tin Pot, just saying why I included the link.
Just the usual thread hijack I suspect.
Did you read the link given? If you had, you'd see it's not a "thread hijack" as you claim.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member

The link was for a seperate set of flats. Evacuated in a similar way to the way @Accy cyclist was describing, on the say of the Fire Service.

Hard to evacuate a building that has stood empty since 2009.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My dad was a painter and decorator, our 70's house was full of artex and anaglypta painted in magnolia LOL
Magnolia is a colour that'll go with most other colours. It might be boring to some,but it's stood the test of time and as far as i know it's the best selling emulsion paint ever. Remember woodchip? Now that is a blast from the past,most popular in the 70's and 80's.

Disco 2000
Pulp
Oh we were born within one hour of each other
Our mothers said we could be sister and brother
Your name is Deborah, Deborah
It never suited ya
And they said that when we grew up
We'd get married, and never split up
Oh, we never did it, although I often thought of it
Oh Deborah, do you recall?
Your house was very small
With wood chip on the wall :smile:

When I came around to call
You didn't notice me at all
And I said let's all meet up in the year 2000
Won't it be strange when we're all fully grown
Be there 2 o'clock by the fountain down the road
I never knew that you'd get married
I would be living down here on my own
On that damp and lonely Thursday years ago
You were the first girl at school to get breasts
And Martyn said that you were the best

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
If you've got woodchip up you might as well forget about redecorating. Quicker to demolish the house and start again.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just heard from one of the other tenants that the landlord will chase us up for this months rent soon. She said he could be in trouble for housing us in such unsafe conditions and if he says he didn't know about the safety issue that wont be an excuse. What do you reckon?
https://www.gov.uk/private-renting/your-landlords-safety-responsibilities

Fire safety

Your landlord must:follow safety regulations
  • provide a smoke alarm on each storey and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a solid fuel burning appliance (for example a coal fire or wood burning stove)
  • check you have access to escape routes at all times
  • make sure the furniture and furnishings they supply are fire safe
  • provide fire alarms and extinguishers if the property is a large house in multiple occupation (HMO)

Tin Pot

Guru
Just heard from one of the other tenants that the landlord will chase us up for this months rent soon. She said he could be in trouble for housing us in such unsafe conditions and if he says he didn't know about the safety issue that wont be an excuse. What do you reckon?

Fire safety

• provide a smoke alarm on each storey and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a solid fuel burning appliance (for example a coal fire or wood burning stove)
  • provide fire alarms and extinguishers if the property is a large house in multiple occupation (HMO)

I would open a new and distinct savings account and put the months rent in there. You may be wanting to sue this mofo for risking your life so he can thieve from the power companies.
I've heard that courts like to see that money is set aside as evidence that you aren't just spunking it away on hookers and coke.

classic33

Leg End Member

Fire safety

I point you back towards the link given. Just hope it's not the same person.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'm just sat here now waiting for the council to contact me about where they're going to put me. I hope it'll be local but

It has. I'm moving into a council owned flat on Tuesday. It's quite a bit smaller than the last place but the heating is included in the rent and with it being council run you have more rights,so i'v been told. The building was designed for old folk though they've changed the minimum age limit to 55 now. I had a look today. Most were sat out in the garden or in the communal area reading or chatting. I think i might be the youngest one in there? You never know,i might get myself a girlfriend.;)
With a proper council tenancy? Not just a temp housing solution? Awesome job if so.

Top Bottom