Warning! Evacuate this fire hazard building ASAP!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Hope you find somewhere else to live!

johnnyb47

Guru
BeJesus Accy.
You been through a lot of bad luck recently buddy. If the worst comes to the worst ,and you've got no where to go could you sqwat in your existing flat for a few days before you get sorted out. Not ideal but I'm sure the authorities would take a leanent view if you got into trouble for it (especially under the circumstances)

classic33

Leg End Member
Which they surely wouldn't do?
Chances are they would.

Building nearby got a similar unsafe warning from the fire service. About half a dozen stayed put, with the doors locked from the outside. They were out within two days. No power or water.

It ain't worth it, go when they want you to.

potsy

Rambler
I'm now the last one in the building. I'm waiting for them to come and lock the place up. I'm tempted to refuse to leave. Can they force me out? Anyone know if they can?
It'll probably be occupied by a fang of squatters in a few days, what's one more?

Tin Pot

Guru
The fire service have just been round again,taking pics of the "dodgy" fire alarms and non fire proof doors. They said the landlord will have to spend many thousands before he can let people back in.
I have till 7pm then they're locking the building up.
There's cask ale bar directly below me. I wonder how it'll affect their business? Not to mention the hairdresser's next to them.

This does not seem remotely plausible.

You're having us on aren't you?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I am now at my former home. It's only till the morning when the council are going to find me some short term accommodation. I was chatting with the environmental health officer tonight. I think some good will come out of this. She was very sympathetic,saying i'll be rehoused in a safer place. She also said they'd help me with my housing benefit claim and my JSA claim. Every cloud has a silver lining.
She also said that the landlord will be responsible for any damage done to our property/belongings while the building is locked up. Meaning that if someone breaks in and robs or does some damage. we can expect the landlord to pay for it.

Last edited:
I am now at my former home. It's only till the morning when the council are going to find me some short term accommodation. I was chatting with the environmental health officer tonight. I think some good will come out of this. She was very sympathetic,saying i'll be rehoused in a safer place. She also said they'd help me with my housing benefit claim and my JSA claim. Every cloud has a silver lining.
She also said that the landlord will be responsible for any damage done to our property/belongings while the building is locked up. Meaning that if someone breaks in and robs or does some damage. we can expect the landlord to pay for it.
442ca52426Fk8.png

Top Bottom