Warning sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
On that stretch, I agree.. I either use the road or avoid that route. But that is not the point, is it? :smile:

What about this one. This is actually a decent cycle track that *was* wider than a normal road lane:

922099734.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member

P.H

Über Member
Simple answer - ride on the road where you're supposed to be, not in all the debris from that hedge.

It is a simple answer, though not as simple as the answer I give to anyone telling me where I'm supposed to ride.

pauldavid

Veteran
If you pull and push on the tube bit on the front of your bike it moves the front wheel from side to side. With practice whilst in motion this side to side action will allow you to steer around obstacles in your path, give it a go!

Technology eh! Bloody marvellous

Arch

Married to Night Train
If you pull and push on the tube bit on the front of your bike it moves the front wheel from side to side. With practice whilst in motion this side to side action will allow you to steer around obstacles in your path, give it a go!

The problem with that first one is that a cyclist is not supposed to cross the solid white line dividing cycle lane and pedestrian lane. In order to clear the signpost leg with the handlebars, it might force a cyclist over that line, which would be technically against the law. At the least it could push the cyclist onto it, which could be slippery in the wet.

classic33

Leg End Member

Normally only done at slower speeds. You lean the bike at higher speeds to turn it more than turning it with the handlebars/frontwheel combination.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Normally only done at slower speeds. You lean the bike at higher speeds to turn it more than turning it with the handlebars/frontwheel combination.
Not always. Sometimes I push the end of the handlebar to make the bike go in the direction I'm pushing.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Looks like Stevenage to me, but the sign isn't there on Google streetview. Perhaps it's new. I'll have a look next time I go past that way.
It is Stevenage, and they've been there a month or so.
That sign's on a 40 limit dual carriageway, about 1/4 mile from the A1(M) roundabout. Not the best road to cycle on...

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
On that stretch, I agree.. I either use the road or avoid that route. But that is not the point, is it? :smile:

What about this one. This is actually a decent cycle track that *was* wider than a normal road lane:

922099734.jpg
Move it 2 foot to the right and it wouldn't be in anyone's way. But then it would be "unsafe" as too close to any cars which were being driven badly.

Top Bottom