Was I an idiot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thefollen

Veteran
Whilst the road bike is fun, I do love taking the 'slow' hybrid on the commute. Has a flat bar, toe straps, fatter-than-road-bike tyres and due to my exercise class that morning/later in the evening, I'm often in running shoes and normal shorts. When I pass a kitted-out roadie I know they're going to be rather vexed... as I'd be in a similar scenario. Can't help grinning.

If people get annoyed when someone passes, they should learn to cycle faster :tongue: I can take a good scalp, in fact I metaphorically dip my hat if dropped impressively.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Your not the idiot Russ but this chap sounds, well... unbelievable daft. So ask yourself, was your "Morning" as pleasant as we suspect or did you say it with any sarcasm, did your subsequent pass carry any glances or smirks.

if not then, as you suspect, he was the idiot not you.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I wouldn't feel bad about it, I'd have shouted back that the guy needs to maintain speed, rather than yo-yo'ing.

There is a guy on my commute that will try very hard to chase me down and pass. He can only catch me when there is a downhill or tail wind, and he comes past in 50x12 when I'm spinning 46-16. Put a 'lump' in the road and he goes backwards. I've tried to have a chat with him at lights, but he's got his ipod on so loud he can't hear me, nor does he bother to chat.

Sorry about that but Eminem comes 1st!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Whilst the road bike is fun, I do love taking the 'slow' hybrid on the commute. Has a flat bar, toe straps, fatter-than-road-bike tyres and due to my exercise class that morning/later in the evening, I'm often in running shoes and normal shorts. When I pass a kitted-out roadie I know they're going to be rather vexed... as I'd be in a similar scenario. Can't help grinning.

If people get annoyed when someone passes, they should learn to cycle faster :tongue: I can take a good scalp, in fact I metaphorically dip my hat if dropped impressively.

Same here. Hybrid with rack, double panniers, mudguards and 35C tyres and I often wear a baggy fleece and silly hat just to further confuse. Not wanting to brag but I am struggling to remember the last time I was overtaken by a fellow cyclist, normally it is me doing the overtaking (not calling it scalping because it is just the speed I ride at and not a race!).

Top Bottom