Was I an idiot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
As you overtake, drop down a gear. This gives the subliminal message "Not only am I overtaking you, I'm actually only just starting to accelerate". Should ensure he stays behind.

Whilst blowing ones nose with a hanky....

Next time he does it, just sit on his back wheel until he blows, pull outside and drop him at full pace. Makes the commute more fun. I do have to admit flying past people as much as I can, but I am too stubborn to blow out, I'd turn off the road to stop the person going back past me.

Drago

Legendary Member
And removing ones gillet
And making a phone call on a moby.

J.Primus

You were much nicer about that than I have been. Last time I had one of those guys I just sped up as he overtook me and sat on his back wheel so be couldn't slow down without me going straight past. Stayed there until he completely ran out of puff and had to pull over!

And I'm quite happy to hold my hands up if I was...
On the way to work this morning (bloody cold btw!) was on a long straight close to work. A guy passed me (nothing unusual there!). I said 'Morning', as I normally do and thought nothing of it. Only thing is, after a couple of seconds I could see him flagging and his speed went right down. I got closer and closer until I was right behind him. Didn't really know what to do as was keeping a pretty constant speed and felt bad for going past him. In the end I decided to...didn't really have to accelerate just went past.
A couple of seconds later he flew past me again...I didn't change pace (today was one of those days where I was knackered and it was just about getting to work...no PBs etc expected).
Same thing happened...he started blowing and speed went down. I passed him on the next hill and as I went past him he shouted, 'Oh fxxk off you xxxx!'
Was really quite annoyed and it made for a pretty crap morning.
Should I have sat behind him? Or when passing, should I have then made sure that I caned it to make sure he couldn't come back?
Thanks,
Russ
I've noticed some folk around here are very touchy. Before Christmas I was blinded by another cyclists lights or a cycle path, so I slowed down to go past no need for anything else. As I do I get the shout 'Switch them Bl00dy Off', he was complaining about my cheap led's, pot, kettle, black :rolleyes:
A couple of days later rather than use a cycle path which dumps you on the wrong side of a busy road, I got off the bike and walked up the narrow footpath as I approached a blind bend at the bottom of a steep hill I walked past a woman, a bike come flying down, shout at us 'watch where you're fecking going' :rolleyes:
Festive spirit, now I know why 99% of my cycling is done on road :rolleyes:

akb

Veteran
Agree with everyone else, he was the idiot. Well done you for not retaliating. I wouldn't have been able to contain myself and would have stopped and had an angry word. There was no need for the abuse at all.

Top Bottom