Was the teacher right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Ok...this happened at my sons school recently and I just wondered what the general opinion was as to if he was right, or out of order?

It was school photo day, as the sixth form class took their positions in front of the camera the teacher pulled one guy out of the group and refused to let him have his picture taken with the class....because he was wearing makeup & lipstick, (which apparently he does all the time at school anyway). So he is allowed to wear it in class but not in the photo.

There is no school uniform policy in the sixth form.

The bulk of the class seem to think the teacher was out of order to single him out. What say you?

Well out of order.

The teacher concerned will not be getting any tea from me this term!

domtyler

Über Member
If he was that bovvered he should have just licked it off.

Seriously though, it is bang out of order and highly unprofessional, definitely not setting a good example. Why could he not have spoken to the guy before hand for instance, called him into the heads office and come up with a solution rather than making a big display of it.

My reaction is split - to haul him out with no explanation is out of order, but there may have been a good reason (or at least a clear reason) behind the action.

Schools have to preserve their reputations, which means looking socially acceptable to the masses, who are unfortunately for people like your sons classmate, very narrowminded with respect to appearences.

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
My reaction is split - to haul him out with no explanation is out of order, but there may have been a good reason (or at least a clear reason) behind the action.

Schools have to preserve their reputations, which means looking socially acceptable to the masses, who are unfortunately for people like your sons classmate, very narrowminded with respect to appearences.
But if you have no uniform policy how do you achieve this?

It is an unbending principle that teachers are never right. It is however, a pleasure to read of the hole this miserable specimin is digging for himself. There is nothing, in my experience, better designed to entertain adolescents than a good row with authority figures about how they style themselves. It'll run and run...

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
That teacher would be out of place in Thailand, some schools have three toilet blocks - girls, boys and ladyboys! One of my students, lovely boy of about 15 was told off by me for putting his make-up on in my class. I told him to put it on before class! The next time he put his make up on in class, I confiscated his large make up bag and he was not happy!

Top Bottom