Was this bus driver bad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
nethalus said:
No the cyclist was deffinately not an MD at the bus company. She looked like a student on a bike, yes both the cyclist and the bus driver were female!

I'm going to have a wild stab a this...... you wouldn't be the bus driver would you nethalus?

OP
OP
nethalus

nethalus

magnatom said:
I'm going to have a wild stab a this...... you wouldn't be the bus driver would you nethalus?

Errm, err, well..........;)

nethalus said:
Errm, err, well..........;)

Don't worry nethalus, the most important thing is that you give a damn. Sure you may have made a mistake, we all do :ohmy:, but at least you are trying to learn from it.

Anyway the way you have described it, it wasn't clear cut. Don't worry too much, and for your penance give a cheery wave to the next five cyclists you meet!:ohmy:

OP
OP
nethalus

nethalus

magnatom said:
Don't worry nethalus, the most important thing is that you give a damn. Sure you may have made a mistake, we all do ;), but at least you are trying to learn from it.

Anyway the way you have described it, it wasn't clear cut. Don't worry too much, and for your penance give a cheery wave to the next five cyclists you meet!:ohmy:

Aye I shouldn't have stuck twos up at the cyclist, that was very naughty of me, but it did annoy me that they tried to overtake when I had already started to move. Not sure where the cyclist actually came from really. Either she jumped the red light, as all the cars had stopped at the lights and it was clear for me to go, or she came round the corner. Which ever, she wasn't there when I checked just before pulling out.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
nethalus said:
No the cyclist was deffinately not an MD at the bus company. She looked like a student on a bike, yes both the cyclist and the bus driver were female!

I had my suspicions about their identities....

The cyclist could have been the MD's daughter/wife/girlfreind/mistress/masseuse/whatever (now I'm assuming the MD is male): "...and you'll never believe what one of your drivers did today..."

But you're thinking about it. That can only be good!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
nethalus said:
The bus driver was signalling before pulling off, but the cyclist kept comming anway.

The cyclist should have made a show of letting the bus out, then drafted the bus...;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'd have let the bus out.
Best time to avoid Busses in London is during and just after the school runs.
The transporting of Britains noisy mouthy untamed urban youth makes them very bad tempered indeed.

T x

OP
OP
nethalus

nethalus

So if you were working in a bank you'd give the same response to someone who came in with a complaint?

If not, why not? Because you know you wouldn't get away with it?
I've never worked or had any intetion of working in a bank so wouldn't know like. Like has been said in earlier replies, the young lady cyclist could have stayed behind me instead of trying to overtake. Especially as I was about to accelerate up to the 40 mph speed limit.

Cab

nethalus said:
I've never worked or had any intetion of working in a bank so wouldn't know like. Like has been said in earlier replies, the young lady cyclist could have stayed behind me instead of trying to overtake. Especially as I was about to accelerate up to the 40 mph speed limit.

Thats got nothing whatsoever to do with Users point.

You were identifiable as an employee of a particular company, being paid to do a job, and you abused a member of the public by making a rude gesture. Its exacly the same as a shop worker coming out to the shop door and being rude to someone, or someone in a bank coming onto the counter and yelling abuse at the person in the middle of the queue who is acting impatient.

Why is it okay to be abusive to the public if you're a bus driver and not if, say, you're working in a bank?

Oh come on, you lot. Everyone has off days, especially when their job involves dealing with the Great British Public, and even more especially when the aforementioned GBP are in their cars or on their bikes. I rarely make gestures at other road users, but it's rare that a day goes by when I don't find myself muttering dire insults under my breath at people. And that includes cyclists, sometimes. And just occasionally, people do do something that merits a Harvey Smith out of the window at them.

Tynan

Veteran
all sounds good to me, we're not robots and soulless greys

a bit of banter and give and take is fine, not enough two fingered salutes about any more, I'm a one finger man myself sadly

I find London buses excellent, I'll usually pass them if I have space to my right to move in to, so I leave them room to pull out, they've invariably seen me early and either wait or pull out gently, which is all good

Cab

Rhythm Thief said:
Oh come on, you lot. Everyone has off days, especially when their job involves dealing with the Great British Public, and even more especially when the aforementioned GBP are in their cars or on their bikes. I rarely make gestures at other road users, but it's rare that a day goes by when I don't find myself muttering dire insults under my breath at people. And that includes cyclists, sometimes. And just occasionally, people do do something that merits a Harvey Smith out of the window at them.

I've worked in retail, I've worked in an NHS pharmacy, I've worked in fast food... I've never, there or anywhere else, lost my temper and disgraced myself and my employer in that way while working.

Cab

Tynan said:
you're a bit of an example to us all cab aintcha

In that I don't lose it and abuse people while representing my employer, then yes. But thats also true of the vast majority of people I should think.

Top Bottom