Washing Instructions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yep AEG Lavamat.

The hole I posted looks like all the soap simply washes to the back and down so you're probably right.

Maybe the dispenser tray can't cause this problem.
Model number on door or inside the door when opened?
You've said it's dry inside, you've cleaned the the sump. So it should work.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/appliance/8wtys-efo-error-code-aeg-washing-machine.html

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Model number on door or inside the door when opened?
You've said it's dry inside, you've cleaned the the sump. So it should work.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/appliance/8wtys-efo-error-code-aeg-washing-machine.html

Yeah I've been working off that link and another that mentions the dispenser tray.

The drain filter has a little water left at the back but that's meant to be wet right? How else would it work?

Model on inside of door L64840L

Can't get the AEG troubleshooter to launch on my iPhone and the iMac is inuse by Master Pot.

classic33

Leg End Member
EF3 is the antiflood error code.

If you have the back off look in the base and you will see the ploystrine float in the base. Lift this up and down and see if you can hear the microswitch clicking. As this may be stuck keep the microswitch activated if theres no water in the base.

Word the questions then

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Twin or single feed(water), and have you checked the inlet filters.

There are two tubes only so must be one in one out.

I could shut off the one attached to the copper pipe, and disconnect it from the machine with a bucket to catch the water.

Is the inlet filter attached to the tube?

IMG_7631.JPG

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru

If you have the back off look in the base and you will see the ploystrine float in the base. Lift this up and down and see if you can hear the microswitch clicking. As this may be stuck keep the microswitch activated if theres no water in the base.

Word the questions then

Yes as I said earlier, can't see a float though.

classic33

Leg End Member
There are two tubes only so must be one in one out.

I could shut off the one attached to the copper pipe, and disconnect it from the machine with a bucket to catch the water.

Is the inlet filter attached to the tube?

View attachment 334594
One Red, one Blue. Hot and cold water.

Filters are on the machine. Behind that fitting you pictured, one for each hose.

From the AEG troubleshooter

Have you already tried resetting your appliance?

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
One Red, one Blue. Hot and cold water.

Filters are on the machine. Behind that fitting you pictured, one for each hose.

From the AEG troubleshooter

Have you already tried resetting your appliance?

There are only two tubes, onenin one out , I remember the engineer pointing this out when it was installed.

Any idea how you reset the appliance?

(Thanks BTW)

classic33

Leg End Member
From the manual.
Altering an option or a running programme It is possible to change some options before the programme carries it out. Before you make any change, you must pause the washing machine by pressing the button 8. Changing a running programme is possible only by resetting it. Turn the programme selector dial to O and then to the new programme position. Start the new programme by pressing the button 8 again. The washing water in the tub will be not emptied out.

The two tubes will be cold fill(Blue hose) only and waste.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
From the manual.
Altering an option or a running programme It is possible to change some options before the programme carries it out. Before you make any change, you must pause the washing machine by pressing the button 8. Changing a running programme is possible only by resetting it. Turn the programme selector dial to O and then to the new programme position. Start the new programme by pressing the button 8 again. The washing water in the tub will be not emptied out.

The two tubes will be cold fill(Blue hose) only and waste.

No luck, changing the dial to O, changing it to another wash setting and pressing start/pause(button 8): Shows washtime then flashes EF0, pressing start/pause and time displays EF3.

classic33

Leg End Member
Tip the machine forward, getting rid of the last of any water. Towel on the floor doing this.
Check the two hoses for any blockages/kinks.

The movement alone may be enough to trip the switch causing the problem.

https://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/how-to-cancel-the-error-code-on-an-aeg-washing-machine/
Looking into this for a Washerhelp user recently I found that the following procedure may work with some (older?) Lavamat models –

You have to run the “test” cycle. With the switch in the off position, hold in the Pre wash & soak button and then turn the rotary knob to gentle (or short) spin. Presumably this should run a short test sequence and clear the error.

His reply was “.. the instructions you gave were correct, but to reset my machine I had to hold the same 2 buttons but turn the rotary knob clockwise to the Energy Saving position”.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Tip the machine forward, getting rid of the last of any water. Towel on the floor doing this.
Check the two hoses for any blockages/kinks.

The movement alone may be enough to trip the switch causing the problem.

https://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/how-to-cancel-the-error-code-on-an-aeg-washing-machine/
Looking into this for a Washerhelp user recently I found that the following procedure may work with some (older?) Lavamat models –

You have to run the “test” cycle. With the switch in the off position, hold in the Pre wash & soak button and then turn the rotary knob to gentle (or short) spin. Presumably this should run a short test sequence and clear the error.

His reply was “.. the instructions you gave were correct, but to reset my machine I had to hold the same 2 buttons but turn the rotary knob clockwise to the Energy Saving position”.

So I can't check the inlet filters because the valve shut off doesn't seem to have any effect, but I've locate the flood sensor - if I lift the right hand side, the left side levers down and the error disappears.

The droning sound it makes when powered also stops.

IMG_7633.JPG

The weird lemon/black powdered thing underneath it could be what's tripping it, but it's dry. And it's loose.

Maybe that's replaceable?

I've only managed to get a response from one local washing machine technician and they want £120 to come out, so it's a new machine for us.

Seven years with one belt repair isn't bad for £450 imo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru

Word the questions then

It does indeed click, and as above the error goes away.

classic33

Leg End Member
You should have been able to check the valve inlet filters. One fitted to the back of the machine, where the hose is connected, the other on the hose, where it connects to the water supply. For any build-up/blockage.

If the droning sound was present all the time it was switched on, even when doing nothing, chances are the motor is shot/gone(cost £80+, excludes fitting). If only when in use, rotors may have needed cleaning, meths and cloth.

It might have been a "Star Trek" problem, with no solution.

Top Bottom