Washing Instructions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
what the..?

IMG_7627.JPG

So can I machine wash at 30°C..?

I understand that I can't iron it. The rest just scares me.

Big Andy

Über Member
Yes

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Reading the symbols left to right (the second row is essentially repeating the top row):

Wash at 30ºC or less. (The good news is there's no restriction on the spin speed, so you don't need to put it on a delicates program.)

No bleach, as @jefmcg says.

No tumble-drying (ie drip-dry only, as @Big Andy says), and don't wring it or put it through the mangle, if you have such a thing.

No ironing.

No dry-cleaning.

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Unless shrinkage would be a real issue...then maybe go for the delicate hand wash, no wring approach

Lower spin speed certainly won't hurt. My Miele machine has a 'Sports' program that all my cycling kit goes in at, and that spins at 1,200rpm instead of 1,600rpm on the standard wash, but even 1,200rpm is quite fast compared to some machines. Main advantage of faster spin is to reduce drying time, but sports kit should dry pretty quickly anyway.

Like @Big Andy, I always use non-bio detergent for cycling kit as well, and definitely no fabric conditioner.

snorri

Legendary Member

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
That doesn't have the chemistry flask one, nor the circle with the wavy line. I've looked at several other online guides, and none of them have that.
Maybe they are in use in Japan or some other market that does not use the standard ones. As someone up thread said, the bottom row repeats teh top row.

Top Bottom