Washing Instructions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Possibly...
Did you see the above warning? From @User

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Have you got @User on ignore?
Oh yeah, about two years now.

As per my post I wondered how enzymes that process mucky stuff could affect Lycra, so open to explanation - I've started googling it and can't find anything other than third hand repeated info.

I will hold off until the non bio arrives tomorrow, just in case ;)

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
So you missed that bio powder destroys Lycra. Hope you checked with your mum before switching the machine on...

Mrs Pot finds it most amusing when I approach The White Machines. I don't know how they make them so unintuitive - I need an iWashingMachine.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mrs Pot finds it most amusing when I approach The White Machines. I don't know how they make them so unintuitive - I need an iWashingMachine.
Why don't you ask your wife rather than strangers on a forum? Remember most members on here are also male and thus utterly clueless about all the important stuff in this world ;)

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Why don't you ask your wife rather than strangers on a forum? Remember most members on here are also male and thus utterly clueless about all the important stuff in this world ;)

Well, she's been washing my stuff with bio and softener at 30°C for years. :smile:

I found this paper:
Effect of Enzyme Wash (Cellulase Enzyme) on Properties of Different Weft Knitted Fabrics
http://inpressco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Paper874242-4246.pdf

But that just indicates that enzymes (cellulase) increases shrinkage on Lycra jerseys. I think because they're partially Lycra and partially natural fibres - I do t think cellulase would increase reactivity of polyurethane.

Maybe I'm over thinking this ;)

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
tumblr_noeh0ogSrI1qa2j8co1_500.jpg

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
This doesn't appear to be the case for the OP, he's still clueless :whistle:

Clueless...or charmingly naive? ;) ;)

Ok, clueless.

Well I have pieces of the puzzle, three corners and most of the edges, what I'm missing is why enzymes affect the plastics in sportswear.

Julia9054

Guru
I remember a phone call trying to instruct my son - then aged about 14 - how to use the washing machine when I was stuck at work.
"Oh, you mean press play" was my favourite answer.
Same son, attempting to do his washing at uni for the first time - 4 phone calls from the launderette in his halls!

Top Bottom