Wasp/Bee in the mouth, not pleasant.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
got stung last year, luckily I was out with a mate who knows about things like this. he went straight to the local café and got a sachet of vinegar which took away the pain instantly.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
got stung last year, luckily I was out with a mate who knows about things like this. he went straight to the local café and got a sachet of vinegar which took away the pain instantly.

Thats the third new thing i have learnt today on this forum. I may come back :sun:

My other half left a small bottle of beer outside for a while last year. When she picked it up and took a swig, there was a wasp inside which stung her on the inside of both her lips. Lots of swear words later,, I calmed her down and said that she would be fine in the morning. I woke up the next day and looked at her asleep, to find out that she looked like Pete Burns. Trying to control my laughter, I thought it was a good time to go out for a ride before she woke up:ph34r:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I woke up the next day and looked at her asleep, to find out that she looked like Pete Burns. Trying to control my laughter, I thought it was a good time to go out for a ride before she woke up:ph34r:

Must have been a bad reaction, that one! If I woke up next to something resembling Pete Burns, I would have cycled as far as possible away from it, never to return :eek:.

Berties

Fast and careful!
I don't like it when any thing that flys goes through the vents in my helmet,and sit there buzzing,ain't been stung yet but it's coming,or they hit you in the face at speed,it must hurt them as well as me , the may flies were the worse at twilight I got plastered with them,stuck to my glasses arms face

byegad

Legendary Member
I got stung in the lip by a wasp, while on an organised ride. I saw it coming and snapped my teeth together but it got trapped by my lower lip, it got one sting in before my left hand got to my mouth. I crushed with my fingers it and threw it away. The next first aid stop had a friend manning it and he gave me a cool pack, wrapped in fabric to take away the swelling. That worked quite well! I shudder to think the consequences of swallowing the damn things alive.

Teuchter

Über Member
Some of these stories sound terrible. I'm staying inside now!

Once upon a time I worked weekends as a motorcycle instructor. I was following a couple of student riders, talking them through a roundabout on the radio. I was wearing a flip-up helmet (like the police use - the entire front of the helmet, chin piece and visor can flip up to effectively turn it into an open faced helmet).

As I pulled down and locked the front of the helmet, I realised to my horror that a wasp had gotten inside it while it was raised and was now buzzing angrily in the small space between my eyes and the helmet visor.

My radio was voice activated so the students got an earful of swearing as I hurriedly raised the front of the helmet again, performed a textbook emergency stop and finally remembered to tell them to pull over and wait for me while I made sure my helmet was clear of the stowaway.

The students thought it was hilarious.

mark c

Über Member
Only been stung once when a bee got stuck betwwen the rim of my helmet and glasses i still have a small lump a year or so on. In the mouth though makes me shudder.

Top Bottom