Wasped in the head

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I would go to a chemist doctor, at least, @PeteXXX
If the sting is still in it may cause a big infection that travels into your blood stream.
That sulphate thing (can't remember the exact name, but the chemist will know) works wonders in drawing out foreign bodies from wounds, I got a mega splinter out after 3 days of application, a nurse and a doctor did not see it.
Get well soon!

jongooligan

Legendary Member
From experience, the more times you get stung the less you react. Remember having a hand like a cows udder, not being able to get my foot in any of my shoes. Elephant man scenario similar to yours, all from wasp stings. The last couple I've had (above the eye and bottom lip) have resulted in shorter lived, much less extravagant tumescence.

simonali

Guru
We get little mofos called Blandford flies dan 'ere and I've had to have time off work because of bites. They usually bite on the ankles because they don't do altitude and then your foot swells up like a balloon, but the itch is the worst bit. No cream or pills will dull it and it drives you absolutely crazy!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
'Touches wood' only ever been stung the once (I was blasting the guy's nest with a jet wash having already used wasp nest destroyer, so I guess he wasn't too happy). Don't fancy getting bitten by a horse fly though.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's not a reaction to the venom it's a secondary bacterial infection. Wasps hang around in some pretty dirty places. Get to the Dr for a course of antibiotics pronto, that's worryingly close to your brain. If you can't see your GP go to Urgent Care this morning.
I second that.....GO ASAP

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Would I be correct in thinking that wasp would've just bounced off your bonce if you'd not been wearing a helmet?

*Cycles off quickly* :bicycle:
Like it bounced of Dave’s lip?
:rolleyes:

I would go to a chemist doctor, at least, @PeteXXX
If the sting is still in it may cause a big infection that travels into your blood stream.
That sulphate thing (can't remember the exact name, but the chemist will know) works wonders in drawing out foreign bodies from wounds, I got a mega splinter out after 3 days of application, a nurse and a doctor did not see it.
Get well soon!

Mag Sulph paste is great stuff, but I got the sting out, ta.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
'Touches wood' only ever been stung the once (I was blasting the guy's nest with a jet wash having already used wasp nest destroyer, so I guess he wasn't too happy). Don't fancy getting bitten by a horse fly though.

A few years ago we were playing golf in St Omer, there were loads of the buggers about and you really feel it when they sink their fangs into you. One of our group had to get medical help as she reacted very badly to them.

simonali

Guru
Like it bounced of Dave’s lip?
:rolleyes:

Mag Sulph paste is great stuff, but I got the sting out, ta.

The forehead is a very different shape to the middle of the face and an insect getting caught under the rim of a hat (or a nose) would have more time to react violently.

And if you got the sting out, it must've been a bee, not a wasp.

:rolleyes: back at ya.

Top Bottom