Wasped in the head

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Did the sting make all your hair fall out :ohmy:
Well at least it’s started to grow back a little :whistle:
It’s nearly ready for a trim! Starting to look like s hippy with it this long :laugh:

PK99

Legendary Member
From experience, the more times you get stung the less you react. Remember having a hand like a cows udder, not being able to get my foot in any of my shoes. Elephant man scenario similar to yours, all from wasp stings. The last couple I've had (above the eye and bottom lip) have resulted in shorter lived, much less extravagant tumescence.

That may be completely duff advice.

The first sting is not the one that causes the problem, but it may cause sensitisation – the stage at which the person becomes allergic. If sensitisation occurs, it is a later sting that will provoke the symptoms. Being stung by one type of insect will not make you allergic to the venom of another.

https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/wp-c...ormatted-new-logo-and-reference-corrected.pdf

alicat

Legendary Member
We get little mofos called Blandford flies dan 'ere and I've had to have time off work because of bites. They usually bite on the ankles because they don't do altitude and then your foot swells up like a balloon, but the itch is the worst bit. No cream or pills will dull it and it drives you absolutely crazy!

I always knew Wiltshire was a dangerous place....

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Ow. I got stung on the thumb a few weeks ago. The initial sting hurt a bit, but was more painful the 2 days folllowing. Haven't been stung for over 20 years. This year seems to have been 4x as bad for wasps in terms of numbers

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Thankfully I've not been stung for a couple of years - carrying a tube of anti histamine cream appears to be the best wasp repellant I've tried. This was the result of a sting on my knee a couple of years ago...
knees-jpg.jpg

[QUOTE 5353430, member: 9609"]I got a bee in the mouth last summer, stung the inside of my mouth, there was no swelling (I never seem to swell up with insect bites?) but the pain was something else. the pain didn't go within the hour like you would expect a normal bee/wasp sting to - it was still raging about 5 hours later when I was trying to get to sleep.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It’s a similar sensation to that experienced while attempting to speak Welsh.

Top Bottom