Watch and learn, Stevens...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You know you can buy all that stuff in a shop?
Except for the wild garlic. I've never seen that in a shop, and once picked deteriorates alarmingly quickly - which is probably why.

stephec

Legendary Member
But I have got proper poncey salt!
Is it free range fair trade organic?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Nice.

Really Nice.
john-thomson-fast-show-jazz-image-1-996834484.jpg

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Can somebody help me with salt? Sea salt, Pink Himalayan salt, Kosher salt, the salt they mine by the millions of tons from a big hole in Cheshire......it all tastes the same doesn't it?

Err, salty.
Yebbut Maldon assure us that their salt has a pronounced 'salty' taste. No really.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I can only dream of being able to afford pine nuts in home-made pesto. The thrifty amongst us use bashed up walnuts instead. I'm sure Paddy Stevens would concur if he weren't blowing all his conveyancing fees in Courchevel 1666.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I can only dream of being able to afford pine nuts in home-made pesto. The thrifty amongst us use bashed up walnuts instead. I'm sure Paddy Stevens would concur if he weren't blowing all his conveyancing fees in Courchevel 1666.
Ha! Luckily my pine nuts were free on this occasion. I have walnut butter in the cupboard, though.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yebbut Maldon assure us that their salt has a pronounced 'salty' taste. No really.
I have a terrible confession to make.....I just found a box of Maldon Sea Salt Flakes at the back of the cupboard and crushed some with fingers onto my steak.

"It is this location along with our unique hand-drawn methods that gives our salt its distinctive taste and texture."

Well posh, me.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I have a terrible confession to make.....I just found a box of Maldon Sea Salt Flakes at the back of the cupboard and crushed some with fingers onto my steak.

"It is this location along with our unique hand-drawn methods that gives our salt its distinctive taste and texture."

Well posh, me.

I never doubted it. Anyway, although claims about the distinctive flavour of poncey salts are greatly exaggerated, texture is a horse of a different colour. Maldon has a delightful texture, and one might happily spend some time just admiring the little pyramids - the question is, what is it worth to you?

Top Bottom