Watch. Do I need one...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I fix electronic devices for a living and have "restored" a g shock in the past. For a keen cyclist that want to know the time, it brilliant. I had one that needed a new bezel, that clearly was involved in brownfield demolition and the thing bolts together like it needs to anchor a ship in port... Can't go wrong.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've always worn a watch and feel lost without one.
I never go without a watch.

So you've got one on your phone? You want to know the time, you've got to dig it out of whichever pocket it's in, open the case if it has one and push the button to display the screen. You then close the case, put the phone back in your pocket - and will all that faffing about you can't remember what feckin' time it said.

So much easier to look at a watch.

I wouldn't be without one as I have to be very time conscious at work.
I bought this baby off ebay for $20 including delivery back in 2007 i think, I recently replaced the strap and battery and that cost $23:ohmy:
I use it when plastering and painting or doing any other rough stuff, it spends many hours a week under water and I have played drums with it on for many dozens of hours, I have swam with it and showered with it, it has been rained on a lot. I do not remember when I last adjusted the time but I just checked it against the computer and it was off by 8 seconds

Edit: I just noted the date so 4 days and 8 seconds:blush:

Attachments

• 20200924_153943.jpg
    20200924_153943.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Have worn a watch all my adult life until 3 or 4 years ago when I realised it was just a habit.
Everything, everywhere tells you the time nowadays. Your phone, the computer, the microwave/oven, a wall clock, the car radio, radio presenter time checks, the local church bell (not often noticed, but it is there if you listen) and even some electronic billboards/information boards.
Sorry, but if you don't know the time to within 5 or 10 minutes without looking at your watch then you aren't paying attention. For 95% of the population a watch is just an unnecessary habit or piece of jewellery!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I stopped wearing a watch years ago and wouldn't start again now. If I really have to know the exact time, it is there on my bike GPS, my phone, my laptop, my tablet, my wall clocks, my microwave oven, my TV, my Freesat box... You get the idea!

If I have an appointment to keep I set alarms on my phone so I don't have to keep checking the time anyway.

tyred

Legendary Member
I wear a basic digital Casio. I've had it for years.

It's true that there a million and one ways to find out the time these days but I just like having a watch (although I wouldn't pay huge money for one). It's convenient to have the time on wrist at glance instead of messing about taking my phone out (I don't always carry it anyway).

I could try asking a policeman but they are almost extinct these days!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I occasionally wear a watch the former Mrs Accy bought me (usually on a night out,not walking the dog!) when we first met 30 years ago. It's a nice looking watch and reminds me of happier times.:smooch: I always pull the wind up bit out after i've worn it to save the battery's life,as i might not wear it again for months.:smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom