Watch out for other cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Get well soon. This severity of cyclist-on-cyclist injury is rare, but not rare enough!

Drago

Legendary Member
Holy Mary Mother of Boris! Thats awful news.

Fingers crossed for a speedt recovery, and may the fleas of a thousand stray dogs infect the underpants of your 2 wheeled assailant.

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Get well soon @annedonnelly

Just remember a bike can be replaced a lot easier than you can
I still need to properly sort that Dawes you sold me. If Ethel doesn't survive then Doris will have a lot to live up to!

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

That's terrible sorry to hear this - get well soon.
Are the police involved in this at all - have they been in touch?
I spoke to them last night. No one had reported it and they've no similar previous example. Nothing they can do under the law unless there's any suggestion of malicious action. They were very sympathetic but can only suggest civil action.

I'd just like to know that if someone made a mistake they'll learn from it and take more care next time. If someone can tell me that it was my fault I'll hold my hands up.

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Wow those are impressive (serious) injuries from another rider. Were you stationary when impact took place?

You probably dont know yet whether the other rider was much bigger than you.
I hope I wasn't stationary. There was no reason to stop at that point.

Sounds like I've been sandwiched between bikes with him on top. He was forced to stay on top of me until he'd been checked over. I guess that could be a while depending on how long the ambulances took to arrive.

Someone said there'd been three ambulances but I don't think my bike got one of her own :smile: My poor neighbour got a shock to see my bike arrive home without me. But had the sense to realise I was being looked after and that she'd have a pair of hungry budgies to feed.

boydj

Legendary Member
I spoke to them last night. No one had reported it and they've no similar previous example. Nothing they can do under the law unless there's any suggestion of malicious action. They were very sympathetic but can only suggest civil action.

I'd just like to know that if someone made a mistake they'll learn from it and take more care next time. If someone can tell me that it was my fault I'll hold my hands up.

That's a sore one to take. Hope you heal well and recover fully.

Sounds like you have a significant damages claim to make for damages to your bike and for personal injury - hope he has household insurance with personal liability, since responsibility seems to be clear. Don't go soft on him - you wouldn't think twice if he'd been driving a car.

Top Bottom