Watch out for other cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Thanks all. I'll try to answer everyone's queries but forgive me if I miss any.

@Pale Rider The other cyclist was walking wounded at A&E. If that had been me I'd have been asking staff to have passed on my details so that I could at least check that the other party was ok. Just saying...

@I like Skol and @vickster Police told me that a solicitor should be able to get the details from A&E. I hope that Leigh Day will be able to go down that route. They were certainly sympathetic but as they work on a no-win no-fee basis I can understand if they are cautious about taking on cases with limited chance of a result. They're going to call me again next week. I hope by then to have been in touch with the nurse. I've got a gift for her but with the weather being so crap I can hardly ask people to walk over to her house on the off chance that she'll be home.

@HobbesOnTour My brother was told by the doctor at A&E that I was hit from behind. I don't know where that information came from. Perhaps the eye witness who I don't have details of told the paramedics. Like you I was confused about the front damage to the bike but a friend has shown photos to an engineer who says that if you're hit from behind and the rear wheel lifts off the ground all the resulting weight - plus other bike and rider - comes down on the front.

My brother is amazed that I have no punctures. But they're Marathon Plus :smile:

I can understand comments about getting compensation etc. but money isn't going to make me heal any quicker. I can't put weight on the leg for at least another four weeks and they'll start physio as soon as possible after that. It'll be more about me doing as I'm told to get strong and well again.

Very positive note is that all the medical people seem very impressed with the progress I've already made in healing. Maybe all the bimbling about on the bike has been good for me.

13 rider

Guru
How are you doing know , How's the bike ?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My brother is amazed that I have no punctures. But they're Marathon Plus :smile:
Congratulations for accentuating the positive!

Keep on healing. And be gentle with yourself when you get back on to two legs. Don't be shy about walking with crutches or later on a stick if you feel you need it. I was on one leg for several months and my immobilised leg just withered away.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Congratulations for accentuating the positive!

Keep on healing. And be gentle with yourself when you get back on to two legs. Don't be shy about walking with crutches or later on a stick if you feel you need it. I was on one leg for several months and my immobilised leg just withered away.

I was in hospital for 7 days after a mountaineering accident in Alps. Even just 7 days in a bed my legs withered away. You lose muscle fast if you don’t use it. The body is ruthless.

Top Bottom