Watch spot.:.:::.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
watch.jpg

Want one? :wacko:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm about to take possession of one of these!:wacko:

2623-1225828.jpg

yenrod

And the time is.......

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't like any of these watches with gimmicks such as stop watches etc. IMO there should be a plain watch with perhaps a seconds hand and the date, nothing else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkF

Guru
I don't like the digital thing in the first post.
I have thing about watches, I notice what somebody is wearing straight away and make an instant (usually wrong) snap judgement on what sort of person they are based soley on that. People do it with shoes, I do it with watches, after all £25 can get you a decent timepiece.

I have this on at the mo, an ETA 2824 powered Glycine Combat, at 43mm in diameter it is tickety boo for me.
Combat.jpg

This is my usual daily wearer.
m1.jpg

and this is my favourite, an ETA 2824 movement in a new "old stock" 1960's Ollech & Wajs Divers case with a handset chosen by myself, one of a kind:biggrin:
rltspecial.jpg

Have maybe 15-20 good watches and a box of mainly Russians, Vostock's, Poljot's etc Oh, and a box of Casios, G-shocks and the like. perhaps 70-80 watches overall, a lot less than I used to own. I want to sell some but I just can't let go.:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
Never understood the point in having more than one watch, other than when on particularly rough outdoor pursuits. I prefer classic lines in a watch, light as possible with date. What else do you need?

Until two weeks ago I have had one watch since 1986 which I bought in Thailand (Longines, gold body, clear face, leather strap). Replaced the strap about ten times. Always kept perfect time until I got caught in a thunderstorm on the way home. A good working timepiece deserves loyalty so I have had it sent off for repair.

My brother has a humungously heavy expensive watch with an emergency beacon built into it. Admittedly he is a pilot. He also had a Audi as well until Top Gear said that the combination of both was deeply uncool.

Top Bottom