Watch this space for bad overtakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The vespa left hooking you... I'm assuming you were already turning left as you went round the corner with them, so had signalled your intent... so he/she probably thought it okay to turn down the same road. Not condoning it, just saying how they probably thought about it. Bad left hooking is where they overtake and turn across you when you are continuing straight on... :angry:

I saw her waiting to pull out of a junction earlier on. I was in that lane for a while and when I approached the junction I signalled. I could hear her coming behind me and I expected that she would overtake because I heard a sudden increase in revs.
It was sort of a left hook in the way that the overtook, and then cut in on me just as we went around the corner.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Well the taxi which overtook me at the end was besides me immediately after the left hooker passed me, preventing me from getting into a more primary position in order to avoid him.
It was still not a bright move.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Well the taxi which overtook me at the end was besides me immediately after the left hooker passed me, preventing me from getting into a more primary position in order to avoid him.
It was still not a bright move.

Not a great bit of driving, but your reaction was over the top.

danger mouse

Bit of red mist for you both?

Not sure what you gained by cutting him up at the lights? (Other than an angry driver)

Aggressive is not assertive, its provocative.

You wouldn't pick on an animal thats bigger and harder than you would you?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Driver was a cock, but are you seriously that stupid? Following him pass you like that, why would you filter in front of him such that he can do it again? Absolutely moronic!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Aye. much safer to stay behind a driver which has already shown they are a muppet than put your self back in front of the smoking gun.
With only two cars in front at the traffic lights you will still get through in the same sequence and only loose a few meters. A few meters which you can easily gain again with a bit more effort.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
you've got to learn to calm your self down. As others said there was really no need to cut in front of him at the junction. You put yourself in a sticky situation with your actions and paid for it with a punishment pass. No doubting that the driver was a cock though.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
With this one I honestly did nothing wrong. I held primary through the junction and waited for the car to park.

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums...ion=view&current=T643JJC-Dangerousdriving.mp4

She attempted to pass me when the lights changed on my right, then tried to undertake me on the left, and finally barged past when I was waiting patiently for the driver ahead to park. She was just one of those people.

Top Bottom