Watching the UCI world championships Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I would like to say no Leicester CCers saw any giant golf balls except @tallliman who took a photo :ohmy: I think hes a spy :ph34r: hes the one who wanted to go there

BurningLegs

Veteran
:secret: No ever talks about it.
The real secret one is in these parts is .... Fylingdales , only sheep get to go over the wire.
Now sat waiting for the knock at the door :ninja:

Didn’t know about Fylingdales. Seems like a lot of North Yorkshire is more American than British. You can see the US flags flying in “RAF Menwith Hill” as you drive down the road outside!

tom73

Guru
Menwith is our version of Fylingdales and part of GCHQ.
Fylingdales is very much American and staffed by the RAF. When you go past phones and cameras often go a bit funny :whistle:
Give them a wave:hello: as all coms go’s via them anyway.

Mike_P

Guru
Menwith is our version of Fylingdales and part of GCHQ.
Fylingdales is very much American and staffed by the RAF. When you go past phones and cameras often go a bit funny :whistle:
Give them a wave:hello: as all coms go’s via them anyway.
Havn't you got that the wrong way round although yes their is UK presence at Menwith that no doubt includes GCHQ most of the cannot talk about stuff is US

BurningLegs

Veteran
Havn't you got that the wrong way round although yes their is UK presence at Menwith that no doubt includes GCHQ most of the cannot talk about stuff is US
That’s my understanding, too. At Menwith the NSA use their connections with Tier 1 network carriers for their benefit and we benefit through “intelligence sharing”. Almost everyone and everything there is American.

There is lots of interesting material readily available thanks to Edward Snowden, and others have extended on it. There are some interesting fibre cable maps which show sleepy old Menwith as the king of all peering points, with lots of links down the west coast to Cheltenham.

Top Bottom