Watching the UCI world championships Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Route shortened today avoiding Buttertubs, road flooded, and Swaledale so along the A684 instead with 9 laps of the Harrogate Circuit expected to start 1240.

tom73

Guru
Anyone going today ?
The news is the fan zone will be closed and the live music tonight is off too. Advice is to fined other viewing placers.

Anyone going today ?
The news is the fan zone will be closed and the live music tonight is off too. Advice is to fined other viewing placers.

Found one. Seem to be able to watch every kilometre from here ;)

Mike_P

Guru
Quite dreadful conditions even watching initially on the circuit - made it by foot to Jubliee Roundabout for the 2nd lap and then abandoned the intention to work my way along the circuit as I was completely soaked, and even more so by the time I got home. Mug of tea and choc biccy latter, dry more waterproof clothing/boots donned and made it to various locations on the circuit away from the finish and its approaches; the marshalls by Oak Beck bridge were getting increasingly concerned over the safety of the scaffolding holding the boarding up on the bridge due to the water pressure that was building as a result of the watercourse becoming blocked by tree branches to the point of suggesting that the bridge would have to be closed. Once a lap passed parts of the circuit were overtaken by spectators with one group dancing. Another spectator had got there car trapped on a closed road between two parts of the circuit and were driving from one end to the other as appropriate.

tom73

Guru
Some have and will complain , kick off this closing roads idea just blows minds and some just don't get it's about the long term benefits.
On the whole other than the weather from what I've seen and experienced I think once again Yorkshire pulled it off.
Some think this maybe Yorkshires cycling swan song well if that turns out right it's not bad way to go out.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Well the weather was unfortunate today but we still had a fantastic day in Harrogate.

Got really lucky and managed to walk away with Trentin’s rain jacket after he took it off on the final lap and threw it on the course. My mum offered a marshal a packet of chocolate biscuits if he’d go and get it for us and he jumped at the chance :laugh:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well the weather was unfortunate today but we still had a fantastic day in Harrogate.

Got really lucky and managed to walk away with Trentin’s rain jacket after he took it off on the final lap and threw it on the course. My mum offered a marshal a packet of chocolate biscuits if he’d go and get it for us and he jumped at the chance :laugh:
What size is it and will you take a packet of jammie dodgers for it?

tom73

Guru

So it was you nice one :okay:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Just watched the women's race to see if I could spot us Leicester CCers on the telly . They passed us as the BBC cut to the Mandy Jones montage :banghead:So no moment in the spotlight for us
We had the same experience, but assumed it was probably because of the sensitivity of the spot we chose (Menwith Hill “RAF base”). The helicopter literally flew around rather than over and they played a recorded clip on the BBC as they passed!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
We had the same experience, but assumed it was probably because of the sensitivity of the spot we chose (Menwith Hill “RAF base”). The helicopter literally flew around rather than over and they played a recorded clip on the BBC as they passed!
We were on menwith hill at the junction on the road from Harrogate from the roundabout on the course at Harrogate .You mean the giant golf balls are secret :secret:

Top Bottom