Water from behind Mastic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hard to explain but had Mastic replaced around windows by site last summer (new build). Noticed today water dripping from behind and white residue on frame. Wondered where the water would be collecting and how it’s behind the render. Any ideas ?
78A1FC8C-44DD-432A-A88F-3ED6DDDCC2DA.jpeg
EE667FBF-7E67-4D22-9500-0C46FC5FDAF6.jpeg

Slick

Guru
Hard to tell by the pictures but are you sure it's not supposed to be like that?

OP
OP
T

Tripster

The frame has weep holes in they should show on the out side of the frame or they are underneath

Water builds up inside the frame so they water needs to come out its normal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZvPXNfafTM

Yep I see this on the rear door but the water is not in the frame it’s from holes in the mastic around edges and dripping out from top above window where it seals to render. Render is crumbly in places and when I pushed the mastic in one point it had a gap to render and water poured out. It’s the front room window and above the frame

Yep I see this on the rear door but the water is not in the frame it’s from holes in the mastic around edges and dripping out from top above window where it seals to render. Render is crumbly in places and when I pushed the mastic in one point it had a gap to render and water poured out. It’s the front room window and above the frame

I would need to see a picture of the above window.

Is there a sill (External) on the window above ?

The water could be collecting in the frame above a passing through.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I would be inclined to be looking at the window above the water is passing through from above.

The K rend rendering looks fresh so it not passing through there

They look like a timber frame building.
Yes timber frame building. Will check upstairs window. Thank you for help, appreciated it :okay:

Top Bottom