Water proof lightweight jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Thanks for sharing @DCLane Went for a bl@ck Galbier. Had been saving up for a Decathlon jacket I liked but I preferred this. One pocket on the rear/left.
Cheers
In that case I think the large will be too big for me.
Oh well.
I ordered a large and fits perfectly. I have a 40 inch chest. It does fit in a jersey pocket. Just about. Its bulkier than my Castelli one. But looks like it will be more waterproof. Has a nice size vent on the back. Just need the rain to come back. Then i can try it.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
My apologies: The rear zip is just that. A zip that opens allowing you to access your jersey pockets. Not an actual pocket itself. Sorry.

It arrived this morning. The quality! The absolute quality. It also fits. In my case I have a 42” chest so it is a race fit, but for a change the length of the sleeves are perfect and you can flip down an optional ‘tail’. The reflective piping all over the jacket is very sensitive much like whatever’s used on Ortlieb products.

I went for Black for that slimming look and I like the appearance of a cycling sommelier.

My apologies: The rear zip is just that. A zip that opens allowing you to access your jersey pockets. Not an actual pocket itself. Sorry.

It arrived this morning. The quality! The absolute quality. It also fits. In my case I have a 42” chest so it is a race fit, but for a change the length of the sleeves are perfect and you can flip down an optional ‘tail’. The reflective piping all over the jacket is very sensitive much like whatever’s used on Ortlieb products.

I went for Black for that slimming look and I like the appearance of a cycling sommelier.

@Heltor Chasca
You went for a large?

I need a new light waterproof - picked up a very lightweight black fetching one from Polaris and just days after getting it some daft London kid came into the side of me off a pavement and tore a hole in it. It's now stuck with duct tape.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
@Heltor Chasca
You went for a large?

I need a new light waterproof - picked up a very lightweight black fetching one from Polaris and just days after getting it some daft London kid came into the side of me off a pavement and tore a hole in it. It's now stuck with duct tape.

Yes sorry. Large. This is a nice light/middle weight jacket which is exactly what I needed. I have an ultralight, see-through thing for hot, wet days and another for sub-zero stuff. Full house poker fans.

Dm800

Regular
According to their website a Large is for 38-40 inch chest but you reckon it fits ok on a 42 chest ? Would you think an XL would have been ok on a 42?
Good to hear about the sleeve length as I always struggle with long arms.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
According to their website a Large is for 38-40 inch chest but you reckon it fits ok on a 42 chest ? Would you think an XL would have been ok on a 42?
Good to hear about the sleeve length as I always struggle with long arms.

With my 42” chest I can honestly say that I would also be quite happy in an XL. My guess is that it would just be flappier on me and the arms would be long for me. I was after something a little more aero for Audax. For me, the XL would probably be classified as ‘comfort fit’ and better if I had wanted it for touring or leisure.

Anyone getting a security alert/warning not to proceed on that galibier site?

Pretty sure I wasn't before but am now on two separate browsers.

Something to do with site maintenance?

Yes I now it is a somewhat odd time for me to be posting this - there are reasons - up and about.

Has anyone actually used that site to pay by credit card?

I switched the security alert off (that security package doesn't flag anything else apart from the quite possibly dodgy) and now my credit card won't go through - keeps asking that I enter my "country" when their form doesn't have a field called "country" that I can see. And no pull down menu.
I have entered various descriptions of my country into "state" (an odd term) but no luck with that either.

One of the best clothing purchases I ever made was a £3 lightweight jacket from Aldi (one from their Crane suppliers). Rolls up into the size of your fist and I`ve had it for years - it`s always kept me dry and I wish I had have bought two of them - been all over the world with me lol

Adam4868

Guru
Late to this thread but I've used Galibier since they started.Nothing but good reviews from me.They are a great company to deal with and any problems are dealt with straight away.There cycling stuff from clothing to glasses is top stuff.

Top Bottom