waterproof jackets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Endura Gridlock. Had mine over 2 years and absolutely love it. Check it out HERE

endura%20gridlock%20jacket.jpg

+1 TO THE GRIDLOCK. I have had one about 2 years, its very waterproof very high vis and comfortable to wear. The breast zip pocket is ideal for a phone and wallet and thje underarms zips can be opened to let a bit of fresh air in.

Also has a tag on the back you can fix an additional red bike light to if you like.I usually forget I have a light on until someone asks me why I am flashing red in the pub or where ever :rolleyes:

It is a bit too big too roll up and stuff in a jersey pocket though.

cycleGeoff

hmm... maybe I'll get one of those gridlock ones... is it suitable for off-road? As in, does it tear easily?

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Whatever you do, just don't buy the Karrimor cycling jacket from sports direct. If there was ever a real boil in the bag then this is it, i keep mine in a drawer at work ..just in case i might need it...to be honest I'd rather get rained on!The funniest thing is that the label says"designed for cycling"

I left my Altura at my mums, of course didn't realise til a week later & it was peeing it down!
So I popped into the Local SportsDiect shop, I only wanted a cheap jacket to last me a few days til my mum could post mine down to me, I bought the Karrimor one - The labelling definatly said 'Waterproof'
It was about as waterproof as a used teabag! 3 days later it got taken back to SD & I demanded my money bcak!!

need one myself. i was looking at this

not high vis but looks light and easily stored in a jersey pocket.

i'm also considering the altura pocket rocket
it gets good reviews i think
The first one at that price there's a very high probability it wont be waterproof or will be boil in the bag or both. For a compact jacket I like the Montane Featherlite and its not too dear but again its weather resistant rather than waterproof but has for me the more important benefit of being breathable. You can get it in Hi Vis too but mine isn't ;-)

cycleGeoff

I bought a gridlock one. Seems to be holding up well! defo a top notch jacket that I would recommend.

But now I wish I got a tenn vapor jacket instead, been hearing a few good things about it from a friend of mine. But then the gridlock is still good... maybe I should quit whining.
cool.gif

Top Bottom