waterproof shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joanna

After a very cold cycle this morning in rain and snow - my feet got very, very cold, and numb from getting wet.An hour long cycle like this is not fun!

I've got some waterproof socks which I should have worn, but keen to get some waterproof and coldproof shoes/trainers to see me through the winter.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

amaferanga

Veteran
My advice would be to forget about expecting cycling shoes/boots to be waterproof and concentrate on keeping wet feet warm. Good overshoes, good socks (e.g. Woolie Boolies) and shoes that are a size up (at least) so you can get thick socks into them without them being tight.

srj10

Guru
Took delivery of BBB heavy duty overshoes and sealskinz mid thermal socks last week and have been reasonably happy so far with their performance.Rode last week in heavy rain and shoes/feet stayed dry and this morning in cold,icy conditions my feet where a lot warmer than normal,maybe just a slight chill occassionally but a wiggle of the toes sorted it out! So impressed with the shoes I have ordered BBB gloves.I have tried the plastic bag method and while it works I find it makes my feet sweaty and damp, not nice!

Top Bottom