Wayhaaa :-) Its a new bike for me today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Well all most new I hasten to add.
As you may of gathered from a previous post I've been toying with the idea of getting a more up to date bike to replace my old school Peugeot. The Peugeot will always hold a Special place in my heart as it holds a lot of sentimental value to me from bygone years..The Peugeot will never be sold on and will be kept in pristine condition to the end of my days ,but as my cycling has become more and more intense I have decided to buy a more up to date and lighter bike.
As usual for me, funds are fairly limited and after much scrimping and saving I've got around £400 to spend on a bike. After months of studying what's available and following the good advice from you good people ,it was clear £300/400 wasn't going to get me anything that much better than the pug in the new bike stakes.
A good second hand bike was the only realistic option and tonight I'm the proud owner of a Specialized Allez elite. The seller wanted £300 and after a 20 minute ride I was mightly impressed by it. Smooth tiagra gears with comfortable hoods and feeling very nice and comfortable out on the road, I instantly fell for it. I even love the bright red and white paint finish. The seller had only rode it 50 miles from new before deciding cycling was not for him. So after a little haggling I managed to buy a virtually brand new £800 bike for £280. It weighs in at around 10kg compared to the 13.5kg of my old Peugeot.
Once home I've just given it the once over and was pleasantly surprised to find £7 tucked away in the saddle bag that he must of forgotten about ( should I tell him and be honest :-)
So in a nut shell I'm over the moon with my new bike and hope it will provide me with many hours of enjoyment just like the Peugeot has.
Ironically when I got the bike home I think the Peugeot let out a protest against me buying a new bike as the back tyre had gone down. Its was first puncture it's had in over 4000 miles lol :-)
I can't wait for tomorrow evening to try it out and put it through it paces.
Anyway enough of my babbling.
Have yourselves a good night :-)

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Seven £1 notes?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well most new I hasten to add.
As you may of gathered from a previous post I've been toying with the idea of getting a more up to date bike to replace my old school Peugeot. The Peugeot will always hold a Special place in my heart as it holds a lot of sentimental value to me from bygone years..The Peugeot will never be sold on and will be kept in pristine condition to the end of my days ,but as my cycling has become more and more intense I have decided to buy a more up to date and lighter bike.
As usual for me funds are fairly limited and after much scrimping and saving I've got around £400 to spend on a bike. After months of studying what's available and following the good advice from you good people ,it was clear £300/400 wasn't going to get me anything that much better than the pug in the new bike stakes.
A good second hand bike was the only realistic option and tonight I'm the proud owner of a Specialized Allez elite. The seller wanted £300 and after a 20 minute ride I was mightly impressed by it. Smooth tiagra gears with comfortable hoods and feeling very nice and comfortable out on the road I instantly fell for it. I even love the bright red and white paint finish. The seller had only rode it 50 miles from nee before deciding cycling was not for him. So after a little haggling I managed to buy a virtually brand new £800 bike for £280. It weighs in at around 10kg compared to the 13.5kg of my old Peugeot.
Once home I've just given it the once over and was pleasantly surprised to find £7 tucked away in the saddle bag that he must of forgotten about ( should I tell him and be honest :-)
So in a nut shell I'm over the moon with my new bike and hope it will provide me with many hours of enjoyment just like the Peugeot has.
Ironically when I got the bike home I think the Peugeot let out a protest against me buying a new bike as the back tyre had gone down. Its was first puncture it's had in over 4000 miles lol :-)
I can't wait for tomorrow evening to try it out and put it through it paces.
Anyway enough of my babbling.
Have yourselves a good night :-)

Good buy! And yes I'd let him know about the £7.

Slick

Guru
Enjoy the new bike, everybody loves new bike day, and definitely tell him about the £7, he'll only tell you to keep it anyway.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sounds a bargain........enjoy it.
+1 for returning the £7. That should give you even more pleasure.....plus it will help keep a smug smile on while riding the bike :laugh:

Top Bottom