Ways to deter motorists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
You'll find there's almost no way a light will deter motorists.

Despite what was said on your other thread, blue lights ceased to be a deterrent to motorists a good few years ago. Witnessed on Friday when the officers in the rear of the car got out to move cars on, to allow the car through.

Can you please let me know any ways to deter motorists in the countryside when riding?

hang on a minute , in your other thread you state you invention will have lights to deter motorists , ive asked a couple of times now, how will lights deter motorists and from what , instead of answering the question which arises from your original post, you start another thread asking how to deter motorists, so I ask again deter them from what exactly

OP
OP
D
You'll find there's almost no way a light will deter motorists.

Despite what was said on your other thread, blue lights ceased to be a deterrent to motorists a good few years ago. Witnessed on Friday when the officers in the rear of the car got out to move cars on, to allow the car through.
Ok, thanks. Is there any other way to deter them?

OP
OP
D
hang on a minute , in your other thread you state you invention will have lights to deter motorists , ive asked a couple of times now, how will lights deter motorists and from what , instead of answering the question which arises from your original post, you start another thread asking how to deter motorists, so I ask again deter them from what exactly
deter them away from the cyclist

There's an actual adjectival situation goin on here.

maybe im missing something but deter them from the cyclist doesn't make sense, im not rying to be awkward I genuinely don't understand what you mean, repeating the same answer twice doesn't explain anything, your other thread states you will use lights to deter motorists , how exactly...……..actually , it doent matter..... I will leave it there im out, good luck with it, whatever "it" turns out to be

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The issue is distraction. Motorists are distracted and not properly paying attention to what they should. They also aren't really anticipating things they should, such as deer crossing a road at night. They will get positively angry at anything that may delay their progress. they feel they have a right to progress at the speed limit or above, nothing less. This is what you are up against.

Do you have a mobile phone? Ever seen someone walking towards you staring at their phone? Stand in their path, and to not move, stay still. 9/10 they will walk into you , or not realise you are there till they are on top of you. It's the same with many car drivers. So the problem is how do you get a driver to not be distracted, be alert, paying attention, anticipating and driving accordingly ready to stop in an instant? There is no easy solution, if there is one at all.

12 guage can deter most things. It really depends what you want to deter them from doing and how much you fear legal consequences.

classic33

Leg End Member
I would've mind a couple of land mines on occasion.
Picture a small space heater(gas), in place of the rotating beacon.
Mine.JPG

Seemed to be wary of getting too close.

Last edited:
Top Bottom