We’ll miss them when they’re gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I quite like their beers...like I said it's my local.If I wanted cheap I can get a pint for 1.70 around here.Or go for a trendy bar at a fiver.Theres a Conservative club right next door where I've been kindly informed it's cheap...they could have Kylie in gold hotpants serving me free Beer on tap and I'd still walk past it 🙄
Support your local.

I'd happily support my local if they charged £1.70 a pint, but it's been more like a fiver (or more) for many years.

D

Deleted member 26715

You need to see it in 4D with the moving chairs - it's a right work out !

Daughter & family went to see the latest Pet Superhero film to other week, when they stood up at the end the granddaughter's seat was covered in popcorn where sh'd been thrown around.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lost pubs Of Todmorden and Hebden Bridge here for @ColinJ Just watching this and I thought that you might've been in one or two. :okay:
A lot of pubs in this area have gone too! One or two eventually reopened but most are gone forever. Without trying too hard I can think of 4 in Hebden Bridge and 4 or 5 'up on the tops' nearby.

I have noticed that there are quite a few new small bars about though.

Pubs lost their appeal to me when I gave up drinking. I don't really enjoy drinking soft drinks while watching other people get legless! :laugh:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A lot of pubs in this area have gone too! One or two eventually reopened but most are gone forever. Without trying too hard I can think of 4 in Hebden Bridge and 4 or 5 'up on the tops' nearby.

I have noticed that there are quite a few new small bars about though.

Pubs lost their appeal to me when I gave up drinking. I don't really enjoy drinking soft drinks while watching other people get legless! :laugh:

Sorry, just realised I didn't post/link the video! It's there now. :okay:

Jameshow

Veteran
Lost pubs Of Todmorden and Hebden Bridge here for @ColinJ Just watching this and I thought that you might've been in one or two. :okay:

Love the disguise!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry, just realised I didn't post/link the video! It's there now. :okay:

Ah, that makes more sense! I just watched the first few minutes. Pretty unbelievable that little Todmorden had 100 pubs. Hebden Bridge had about 15 when I moved there in the 1980s and I thought that was a lot in a town with a population of only 4,000 or so.

I will watch the rest later.

Top Bottom