We cyclists are the luckiest.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
40 yesterday and 60 today, the air is delicious and the roads are mine. I'm past the climbing the walls stage now and enjoying the relaxed pace, getting to projects I would have paid someone to do and eating better food that I have cooked myself instead of living on take out.
I have a new bike coming next week so really looking forward to racking up some serious mileage in the coming month.
I'm going to enjoy it while I can, until the money runs out:sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
It's how a utopia society should be almost, but it won't last forever. Back to normal soon.
Utopia with 10000 deaths so far :sad: Just great!

Milzy

Guru
Get a grip, over half of those had underlying health conditions. Many were already on their way out. Even old Borris pulled through. That number is nothing compared to heart disease, lung cancer and suicides. Millions die because of ciggerettes & alcohol but that's ok isn't it, they've paid tax. Sweden aren't that scared and seem to be living in a Utopia.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
So back to the subject.... people who don't take exercise (95% of the population?) and those who don't own a bike must be slumped on the sofa all day watching TV or posting nonsense on social media. Oh, wait.....

Did a chilly 29 miles today over to the Bowland forest and back and if I saw 30 cars I must have seen 50 or 60 cyclists, single and in pairs, out enjoying the empty roads. The silence of the countryside was fantastic, all I could hear was birdsong. Would that it was like this all the time.
Used to cycle and walk the forest of Bowland alot when I lived in Manchester train to Clitheroe and cycle walk from there. The train line carried on from there to skipton etc but only goods trains were allowed to use it. Often started a walk along the rail lines (good trains moved slowly). Was thinking of moving to Barnoldswick but touch expensive. Also I would be to close to Manchester...and my mother!

Utopia with 10000 deaths so far :sad: Just great!

According to the "experts " 10% of over 80s die every year. They expect no increase in the death rate for the over 80s. They will die a little earlier in the year. They are more likely to die in hospital than at home. Add the two together and the NHS could be overwhelmed.
Odds are they will die in pain unable to breathe instead of asleep in bed.

Last edited:
I have noticed a lot more cyclist on the road. Alas alot of extremely ignorant ones. On very narrow roads, not get off the road to let buses and lorries pass. I always do normally but so little traffic about you would think they would. Despite what they say about young people being thoughtless it is always the old ones that behave that way.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I live near the A10. I don’t ride on it often as it is dangerously busy. However, of late, it’s been great.
My mental health has improved with the additional time to ride and the solitude. At this rate I might get back to normal, or normal for me at least :laugh:

The A10 as I have never seen it before. I was overtaken by a fast roadie, but that was the only ‘traffic‘ that I saw.

Top Bottom