We cyclists are the luckiest.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wyre forest blues

Über Member
I wish contributors would cut out the attempt at political points scoring. (or in many cases bashing the current government). Keep to the topic and if you want to say anything different start a new thread.

Gorgeous piccy @Gunk
aaaaaaaaaaaaa gunk.png

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mod note:

A number of posts have been deleted as they are off topic. Hopefully I have snagged them all, apologies if some have slipped through the net.

Please stick to the intention of the thread title and opening post.

If you wish to make political posts etc the place to go is NACA. With a mass of threads re Covid 19 we are getting large numbers of reports daily and tbh we could do without the volume.

If you can't manage to comply with the above polite request you will be taken out of the thread.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
the only time I have been out over the past 3 weeks is to go to our GP practice to collect our prescriptions.
I would normally say that making the effort to go out is a good thing (I walk down to pick up my warfarin prescriptions), but with the coronavirus situation and your age and health history, perhaps it would be better for you to get yours delivered e.g. by using Pharmacy2U?

anothersam

SMIDSMe
I'm fortunate enough to live in central London, and despite not being anywhere close to a morning person, have been getting up at 6.45am on Sunday mornings to be able to enjoy the surreal experience of cycling through an almost empty city.

I've said elsewhere it feels rather weird to talk about enjoying an experience made possible by such terrible circumstances.

View attachment 514907
View attachment 514908
View attachment 514909 View attachment 514910 View attachment 514911
View attachment 514912
View attachment 514913 View attachment 514914
Thanks for pics - brought back memories. I used to live on the river directly across from the Globe Theatre; it used to be wonderfully quiet on weekends, especially before the wobbly bridge. Have exchanged that for another kind of quiet, but I still miss it sometimes.
As a cyclist you are invisible, irritatingly non-conforming and slightly weird, enjoy it.
Sig-worthy

Ashimoto

I fully agree. Nothing better than a ride in the country and the song of a Skylark. I always stop for 10 minutes and just listen to the birds and watch the odd Buzzard or two.

Johnno260

Veteran
The roads are far quieter which is nice, but please still take care as the few motorists I see are doing well above the speed limit.

I had to report 2 people the other week as they were driving like muppets and were obviously doing some kind of circuit as we kept seeing them every few mins, even without the current situation I would’ve reported them.

I’m finding when out on the bike, I’m actually going far slower and enjoying the cleaner air and scenery far more than usual.

Top Bottom