We did it too!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
finish.jpg

20 days .... Certainly not the fastest.... but a big group of YOUNG people:

Completing the full distance were:

1 x 12 year old
3 x 14 year old
3 x 16 year old
1 x 21 year old
1 x 40 something year old
1 x 50 something year old (me)

Various others (including 1 x 9 year old) rode part of distance due to unavailability for the ful three weeks / and or injury.

And yes we were fully supported with a Transit + Trailer, with a relay of support drivers / sandwich makers !

www.justgiving.com/cfmc-yc-jogle

Barbelier

Well done to everyone, especially the youngsters. :bravo:
Those kids will remember the experience for the rest of their lives.

I start my JOGLE 10th September.
My 9 year old son wanted to come with me and seeing this it won't be many years before that's a real possibility.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Our route .... as much as possible on minor roads & totalling almost exactly 1000 miles is now available in the downloads section as a series of daily GPX tracklogs.

Well done to all, Its always nice to see young people nowaday achieve something like the JOGLE, as they get given such bad press, by the antic's of the mininority..once agan well do

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Well done to all, Its always nice to see young people nowaday achieve something like the JOGLE, as they get given such bad press, by the antic's of the mininority..once agan well do

They are all great kids anyway, but what really impressed me was how "up for it" they were every single day for three weeks, despite some pretty crappy weather, and how they pulled together as a team despite what to them are some fairly significant age differences.

sibaldib

Brilliant. Well done to you all, but particularly the kids. Something better to brag about than the best high score on the latest xbox game, methinks.

Sib

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
I like that! Well done to the kids for doing it, and to the adults for (presumably) organising it.

Thanks Colin.
Yes - the organising was the hard part, that and keeping a dozen youngsters of vaarying levels of fitness and ability together on the road.!
It was a bit like herding eels at times.

Just been out for a quick 30k, it was SOOOOO nice to be able to go at my own pace for once and not worry about kids getting lost off the front or back of the line.:tongue:

Top Bottom