we have a new cyclist…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS.... He'll be racing down the road before you know it - my son knocks up 25-30 mph regular (got a computer) and has probably done over 100 miles up and down the road - currently showing about 60 from mid summer....he's had it a year.... and is only just 8 and a small 8 at that.....

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
cheers all. he's so pleased with himself and seems very keen. maybe if i can maintain the enthusiasm…

where are the olympics in 2024?

Arch said:
I can just imagine how proud a parent must be when a kid masters riding for the first time...:biggrin:

my dad ran for 1/2 mile pretending to hold on to my saddle

he stopped and let me go down the road on my own and his joy and pride must have just been welling up when i rode straight into the back of that reliant robin

best car to choose since they flex a bit :biggrin:

jay clock

Massive member
My stepdaughter is 7 and learnt about a year back. She has not really wanted to do it again, but we suggested that the summer hols might be in doubt (involves camping and cycling to the beach etc on the Ile d'Oleron), as suddenly she was up and ready and loves it.

We have two Islabikes (Beinn 20 and 24) and I would not let my partner get anything else, even though we could have got Asda/Halfrauds stuff for a fraction of the price.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's great when they start, isn't it :sad:
My youngest (10yrs) took ages to get the confidence, but recently she came out with me and did 14 miles on cyclepaths :thumbsup: Don't know who was more chuffed, her or me. :smile:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Fnaar said:
It's great when they start, isn't it :sad:
My youngest (10yrs) took ages to get the confidence, but recently she came out with me and did 14 miles on cyclepaths :thumbsup: Don't know who was more chuffed, her or me. :smile:

No better feeling. Getting a bit expensive now though. On top of adult bikes (they're both taller than their Mum at 11) they won't be seen out without the proper kit, so my wallet is suffering in triplicate.

Top Bottom