we have a new cyclist…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice one Alecs!

postman

Legendary Member
Well done .A lifetimes enjoyment coming up. I have just spent 15 mins going around our street with my 11 year old.Fun 11 year old being chased by her 59 year old dad.

She won .

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cool!:laugh:

I can't wait to get my nephew on his first bike too... If I have to live on economy tinned tomatoes for month to afford it...

Mind you, alecsetc - think how expensive you own cycling habit is... now add his!:laugh:

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
Cool!:laugh:

I can't wait to get my nephew on his first bike too... If I have to live on economy tinned tomatoes for month to afford it...

Mind you, alecsetc - think how expensive you own cycling habit is... now add his!:laugh:

ha, he's already on his second bike of the day…

actually, he learned to ride the on the weeny bike we had for the trailgator, and once he got the hang of that this morning, i took him out on his bigger bike (bought last year, now stabiliser-free) and he manages fine, other than starting uphill.

won't be bothering with stabilisers for the next one, just scoot for starters and then pedal.

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
won't be bothering with stabilisers for the next one, just scoot for starters and then pedal.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get an Islabike (it'll have to be second hand), or a ridgeback scoot or similar. Or Likeabike, but they are very expensive, and I like the idea of one with a brake he can learn to use.

Of course he may not like it. But I think he will. He likes things with wheels. In the park at Christmas, he went running off in pursuit of a small boy on a new bike...

I can just imagine how proud a parent must be when a kid masters riding for the first time...:laugh:

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
he's gone out again, this time under the supervision of his mum. i think he wants her to see how well he's doing. the next stage will be when we let him go to the park with his big sister.

Alecs - appropriate pics please - you know we want to see action!:sad:
Well done junior 'WontbesupportingalecsbutgivemeManUtdanyday' xx(

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
this is, of course, the beginning of the end. He's on the road to independence. One of the most extraordinary things about parenthood is that some of the best bits involve saying goodbye

Top Bottom