We haven't visited Bradford Exchange for a while...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

This one's just plain scary - and wrong in so many ways

AU12_002_01_MAIN(4).jpg

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm not sure, but this might be creepier...

03_01556_001_BIG.jpg

"A first-of-a-kind created by master sculptor Simon Laurens"

Please God make it the last of a kind too!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I don't know who writes the blurb for these works of art but The Hour of Twilight Glow in the Dark Wolf Clock found him on splendid form.....
0110241001.jpeg

The Glow-In-The-Dark 'The Hour of Twilight' Wolf Tabletop Clock

Bring the wild outdoors inside with this amazingly majestical 'The Hour of Twilight' tabletop clock and experience a moonlit adventure from the comfort of your own home. The haunting beauty of the wolves incorporated into the design of this unique tabletop clock is enough to make your flesh tingle, the depiction of these incredible beasts exploring their rocky terrain and baying at the moon captivating.
The moonlit imagery that adorns this fully sculptural scene is inspired by famed wildlife artist Vivi Crandell, whilst the detailed clock face display a highly-prized example of Crandell’s work. Meticulously crafted in artist’s resin, the handpainted wolves enhance the stunningly realistic scene, creating an alluring focal point for any room! Simply expose this innovative clock to the light to make the featured moon, clock hands and numbers glow with a breathtaking luminous effect.

TVC

What IS 'Artist Vinyl' anyway?

And is it related to 'Heirloom Porcelain'?

It's the 'realtouch vinyl' that bothers me. It makes me think of those adverts for a different kind of doll they had in the back of the Sunday Sport and gentleman's magazines (not that I ever looked at one obviously). In which case the prospect of an infant doll made of similar stuff doesn't bear thinking about.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
and why wouldn't you want one? More of a limited edition than an Olympic torch! (by 3001 pieces)

I think they are being a bit optimistic making 5000. I would have thought they'd struggle to shift 1000.
Some of the stuff would make great gifts for my dad, he loves this kind of tat, but its a bit on the pricey side :ohmy:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Oh yes, that's the one with the little train that comes out. On a track with a radius so tight that the loco and carriages are actually banana shaped to cope...

It's only on that video I realise that it's not even got real wheels, it's a resin block with wheels moulded in...

Thing is, if this stuff was a fiver, even a tenner, it would just be a giggle. But people spend over £100 pounds on it!
The quality of the finish is a bit different to how it looks in the advert! I thought there were rules about that sort of thing. :whistle:

Personally I'm glad that it's so expensive - my aunt would have bought me one otherwise. :wacko:

stowie

Legendary Member
I have been pondering upon my legacy when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

A perusal of the Bradford Exchange has provided the answer

07_00049_001_BIG.jpg

At £39.99, they are surprisingly cheap compared with the rest of the merchandise. Clearly the market for tributes to departed loved ones cannot bear the pricing sustained in, for example, the market for lifelike touch monkeys. I think I will mandate my will to have at least 10 of these in a room playing amazing grace simultaneously to give the effect of the Superbowl opening.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have been pondering upon my legacy when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

A perusal of the Bradford Exchange has provided the answer

07_00049_001_BIG.jpg

At £39.99, they are surprisingly cheap compared with the rest of the merchandise. Clearly the market for tributes to departed loved ones cannot bear the pricing sustained in, for example, the market for lifelike touch monkeys. I think I will mandate my will to have at least 10 of these in a room playing amazing grace simultaneously to give the effect of the Superbowl opening.

I'm afraid that exquisite offering reminds me too much of this.....
mosquito.jpg

Maz

Guru
sadly not
03_01674_003_MAIN.jpg

Not sure what it is supposed to be an "Amazingly realistic" of, thought perhaps a white faced capuchin but the nose is wrong.
Eerily uncanny! I reckon that cheeky monkey and this one were separated at birth!
stock-photo-5814348-cymbal-playing-monkey.jpg

RaRa

I feel like I've missed something from my education but what is "The Bradford Exchange" and why does it have such tempting offerings ?!?

Top Bottom