We went to "look at" our local pub yesterday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bedlum would be a good description.
Social distancing......they have never heard of it.
No way will we be going there in those conditions.
We wondered about mid afternoon Monday when it might, hopefully, be quiet.

I went to a spoons on wednesday with a large garden out the front, plus lots of space at the back, and half the carpark converted to a "park/garden" - lots of folk there but all fine as far as I could see - ordering at the table via app or staff wandering around.

Drago

Legendary Member
Bedlum would be a good description.
Social distancing......they have never heard of it.
No way will we be going there in those conditions.
We wondered about mid afternoon Monday when it might, hopefully, be quiet.
Yep, and when we end up with another lockdown the great british public will whittle aboout the unfairness of it all. We've become a nation of pathetic, undisciplined, weak, gratification seekers.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Yep, and when we end up with another lockdown the great british public will whittle aboout the unfairness of it all. We've become a nation of pathetic, undisciplined, weak, gratification seekers.

On the upside it will give posters on here the chance to start threads bemoaning Boris Johnson and calling him a murderer, and with Brexit tailing off a bit it we need something to keep everyones spirits up :okay:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I went to a spoons on wednesday with a large garden out the front, plus lots of space at the back, and half the carpark converted to a "park/garden" - lots of folk there but all fine as far as I could see - ordering at the table via app or staff wandering around.

It's instances such as this where the big companies' rigid one size fits all way of doing things can be a good thing.

The best examples of indoor Covid compliance I've seen were in a Costa and a McDonalds.

The downside in happier times is service and products can be formulaic.

vickster

Legendary Member
How did my comment about the local pub get to slagging BoJo off :wacko:
Probably because some people on this forum just can’t help themselves :rolleyes:

It's instances such as this where the big companies' rigid one size fits all way of doing things can be a good thing.

The best examples of indoor Covid compliance I've seen were in a Costa and a McDonalds.

The downside in happier times is service and products can be formulaic.
maybe you aren't a drinker mr rider - but nothing formulaic about spoons beer - that's the attraction - beers change all the time - you can even check out what's on before you head out - the reason i headed to that one - most because of very limited occupancy and ability to shift barrels at the moment are a shadow of their normal self - just the mass produced beers. Roll on May 17.

Dave 123

Legendary Member

Looking good in my local.

Top Bottom