Weather to get even WORSE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Seriously. It's beginning to grind me down.

Sand storms too???

Wow!!

Weather reporting, like the 24hr news is becoming manufactured, talked up or down. The forecast here today was apocalyptic rain and wind. Looks like a normal winters day to me. Off out for a run in a mo and the ground is the dryest it's been for a week. I suggest you print the weather report out and wipe your bum with it.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Weather reporting, like the 24hr news is becoming manufactured, talked up or down. The forecast here today was apocalyptic rain and wind. Looks like a normal winters day to me. Off out for a run in a mo and the ground is the dryest it's been for a week. I suggest you print the weather report out and wipe your bum with it.
It was nice here, two hours ago. You wouldn't put your dog out in it now! Regarding your other suggestion, I've just jammed up my printer. It doesn't like Andrex.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
It is rather mild for the time of year isn't it?
Bring on the proper winter, with cold, crisp days when you can actually venture out without getting soaked.

BBC said that whilst the S of England was experiencing an unusually wet winter, Scotland was experiencing a drier than average winter
Which only goes to show just how wet it normally is. You could count the dry days hours since November on the fingers of one hand.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2905206, member: 1314"]It's just that if people keep complaining about how this country is going down the metaphorical plughole - or in this case the literal stormy plughole - and they are going to leave, well... for once can they just leave?

View attachment 37299

Nice Spring/end of Winter day in London, Zone 5. Blue skies, some white cloud, bit breezy, cold, sunny. This nation is becoming a bunch of:

View attachment 37300

HGV strike, queues form at petrol stations; supermarkets are stripped bare; parents drive their genetic bundles to school in tanks.

This country is great, I love it, and will stay here forever because it has enough bikes, love, beer and quids to keep me happy. innit.

View attachment 37301 [/quote]
The OP is about the weather, not HGV strikes or anything else in your rose tinted view of ...... London.
It cannot be argued that the weather in Britain generally has not been good, and particularly wet and windy for a prolonged period across large parts of it.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yeh weird that - they should come up for a name for this time of year? Wummer? Sprinter?

No sorry, can't think.
All I'm saying is that this WINTER has been unusually wet and windy in most parts of the UK..
Terribly sorry if this isn't going down too well on a cycling forum. Of course we are all too hard-core to let something as trivial as wind and rain concern us :rolleyes:.
Or perhaps some don't go out cycling as much as they would like us to believe.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2905288, member: 9609"]CofG your london looks a bit of a dump, alchos fornicating, illegal cyclists, graffittii, weeds .... and I guess that is it from the best side yuk...[/quote]
Paul Daniels too. That's reason enough on it's own to emigrate!

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
You mean you don't use Izal?

Not since school. Arghhhh, the memories!

5402452418_9d3660a65d_z.jpg

Top Bottom