Weather to get even WORSE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Whilst in Austria, one of the coach drivers from where I used to work seems to have lost his coach in the snow :ohmy:

image.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It is rather mild for the time of year isn't it?
That's what I think too. Heating hardly been on so far.
Ok, it's raining, but it always rains in our neck of the woods @Brandane ! :tongue:

What is going on with the weather? This animation for the next week shows a lot more wind and rain, basically just going round in circles over the north Atlantic and Britain. It's from magicseaweed.com who are usually quite accurate.
If this is the future, then I'm leaving these shores. Seriously. It's beginning to grind me down.

What a brilliant find mate, I love the animation of the depressions, something the BBC weather never shows enough of anymore.

I can now moan even more about the weather!

Arch

Married to Night Train
The description "unsettled" amuses me. Seems the rain is settled in very nicely....

Still, I'm having a week off at the end of Feb, would be good to have a couple of nice days.

What I find bemusing is when does a 80 mph Low Pressure become a major storm/hurricane event. The BBC weather seems to report it like everything in Britain, ie, its a bit windy out there people, and yet in the USA for example, I would think they would be all over it like a rash on the weather, reporting Armageddon.

Are the storms just not 'that bad' or are we a very conservative, reserved country?

Or have I missed something?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
What I find bemusing is when does a 80 mph Low Pressure become a major storm/hurricane event. The BBC weather seems to report it like everything in Britain, ie, its a bit windy out there people, and yet in the USA for example, I would think they would be all over it like a rash on the weather, reporting Armageddon.

Are the storms just not 'that bad' or are we a very conservative, reserved country?

Stiff upper lip, old chap. Mustn't let Johnny Foreigner know that we live in a cold, windy, rain sodden, God forsaken country!

Arch

Married to Night Train

The shipping forecast I heard yesterday morning had a couple of Force 11, Violent Storm's. One down from a hurricane. So, yes, there have been some serious winds.

With hurricanes, they come and go, and people clear up. I think the problem we've had this year is storm after storm after storm, making it difficult or impossible to make good damage, or drain the floods.

A lot of the stats seem to be 'the worst/wettest/windiest since...' a long time, or records began. There's no doubt, we've had some weather.

And as the Met office are now saying this is very likely to be climate change (whether you believe it's man made or natural), we'll have to get used to it.

Top Bottom