weather!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4CKO

Just get wet, as has been said, strangely fun and despite what most people think us humans are actually waterproof, should see them scurrying for their cars :biggrin:

I agree on the waterproofs, kind of end up sweaty wet rather than clean rain wet, even putting wet gear on, after the initial revulsion isnt so bad, certainly not in these warmish temparatures.

Its only Ice on the road that stops me and I will take any amount of rain over a stiff headwind.

J4CKO said:
Just get wet, as has been said, strangely fun and despite what most people think us humans are actually waterproof, should see them scurrying for their cars :biggrin:

I agree on the waterproofs, kind of end up sweaty wet rather than clean rain wet, even putting wet gear on, after the initial revulsion isnt so bad, certainly not in these warmish temparatures.

Its only Ice on the road that stops me and I will take any amount of rain over a stiff headwind.
Amen to that.

A fortnight's camping in Snowdonia last "summer" reminded me how rain always seems like it's gonna be worse as you sit and look out at it than it actually is once you get out there in it. *

I think it was that experience that was instrumental in keeping me commuting on the bike during last winter.

* sorry, clumsy sentence but you know what I mean.

Got wet twice today - proper soaked on the way into work, medium wet on the way home. And it was sunny when I got up! :becool: This wasn't supposed to happen today, the heavy rain is forecast for tomorrow!!!!:becool:

threefingerjoe

Über Member
What GREAT WEATHER we've had this week! This morning, it was 12C for the ride to work, and this afternoon it was 28C for the ride home! Not a cloud in the sky, all week! It's been a little breezy, but after that LOOOOONG winter, I'm enjoying this!

HLaB said:
I'll probably get drenched tomorrow night now.
That was phrophetic :o), I got home from my commute dry and went out for a ride in the sunshine but for the last unlucky 13 miles it poured. Will I put the rain jacket on (no it'll just be a shower!) ;) 45 minutes later it was still torrential. Well atleast I found out that the CC gilet does a prettty good job of keeping my back dry.

garrilla

There was certainly heavy rain this morn.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
HLaB said:
Its been that temp here the last few mornings and I been wearing shorts short sleeve. I quite like that temperature, warm enough so I'm not freezing and cool enough that I don't overheat/ arrive sweating.

Yesterday at 5.30am my outside sensor was measuring 12 degrees, this morning it was 11. As you say, ideal for avoiding sweating..... unless you're me and you're dripping by the time you get to work. If only I could work out where the off switch was on my internal central heating system !

Top Bottom