weather!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
another cracking day up here in Manc-land:smile:
bloomin windy though,have set 3 pb's on way home this week thanks to the tailwind.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
had the head wind all the way home last few days and ruddy hot.

At least today the wind had dropped and it was cool from the rain :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I needed to nip into the office yesterday before going out to a site, and I left a little late... just the odd spot of rain ... (cold on a back back) but I only travelled about 1/4 of a mile before it became torrential and I had to stop and don full waterproofs top and bottom (can't remember the last time I had them on).

Work laughed when I turned up dripping wet with sandals on!!!

PBancroft

Didn't don the waterproof bottoms - and didn't have a spare pair of boxers as it turned out, so spent most of the day feeling somewhat damp.

Fun ride though.

Downward

Guru
marinyork said:
How have you managed to avoid rain, it's been yet another horrificly wet May and June, just like in 2007 and 2008!

Went out at Lunch and lashed it down - 10mm in about 30 mins. Had big umbrella but trousers got soaked.

Anyway at 3.30pm it lashed it down again. Great, I finish at 4pm. Get out sky is black. Look towards home and it's clearer.
So got home with no sign of rain. The humidity meant i got just as wet through sweat though !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
potsy said:
another cracking day up here in Manc-land:smile:
bloomin windy though,have set 3 pb's on way home this week thanks to the tailwind.

I've been grovelling up the hill to come home because of the wind....:laugh: Sunny, but howling head wind for me - you are going the opposite direction....

I got absolutely drenched. The bike frame was full of water when I took it apart, and today changed the tyres to have a look and the front wheel was still full of water.

You think I had had a bath when I got home !

fossyant

Well that was pleasant. Nice just to get out of the house after a muggy night - didn't sleep well, but the cooling breeze on the bike soon woke me up - So much better than in a car, air con or not.... Absolutely pouring in sweat when I got to work though.........

Downward

Guru
So supposed to be off next Monday but wifes car is playing up so booked it in the garage Saturday. Phoned my boss asking for today off instead.

Been running around all day in the heat. Gets to 4.15pm (The time I would be cycling back from work) and it starts lashing down here - So so heavy. I would have got a right soaking and it's still 26 C.

Crikey Still going and Flash flooding here !

fossyant

Got up this morning - rain, but very warm - road to work with no waterproofs other than overshoes to keep my feet dry and a rucksack cover. Just started raining again, and I'm doing the same in a short while.......far too hot....... and TBH the heat from me evaporated the rain this morning.....

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
got into work at 5.30am just before the rain started,lovely and sunny on way home too,treating each ride home as a workout now,wish i had done this years ago:smile:

fossyant

Oi....raining heavy on mine, obviously you start/finish earlier than me. As above, overshoes and the 'lights' on..... still hot - no wetter than yesterday. Lots of drivers got out of the way of my alternating blinkey mode Hope 1's though.....:biggrin:

Top Bottom