Wedding rings....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...some blokes do some blokes don't...erm...wear them I mean....when it seems to me that most married women wear their ring,why is that?

Ladies what do you think when you see a guy and look at his ring finger?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
probably tut that his nails are chewed/grubby :biggrin:

walker

Weddings mean more to women than Men I think. I'm getting married in July but not coz I want to, coz the GF wants to, to me its a bit of paper and a piece of metal. I keep saying why do I need to spend all this money just to say I love you and you can change your name by deed poll.

bianchi1

Guru
My brother went for a drink with a mate who was married, and they got chatting to a couple of girls. After a few minutes he noticed this lad had slipped his ring off and put it in his pocket.
On another point, anyone have any ideas what i should do with a second hand wedding ring!

Keith Oates

Janner
bianchi1 said:
My brother went for a drink with a mate who was married, and they got chatting to a couple of girls. After a few minutes he noticed this lad had slipped his ring off and put it in his pocket.
On another point, anyone have any ideas what i should do with a second hand wedding ring![/QUOTE]

Put it somewhere conspicuous as a reminder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisKH

Guru
walker said:
Weddings mean more to women than Men I think. I'm getting married in July but not coz I want to, coz the GF wants to, to me its a bit of paper and a piece of metal. I keep saying why do I need to spend all this money just to say I love you and you can change your name by deed poll.

Surely marriage is much more than this. What you are implictly saying is I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I want you to mix your genes with mine within our issue.

But I agree if it doesn't mean either of the above to you, why get married?

domtyler

Über Member
I have one but don't wear it as it doesn't fit very well and I hate wearing any kind of jewellery anyway. Missus always has hers on as well as about five other rings.

domtyler

Über Member
ChrisKH said:
Surely marriage is much more than this. What you are implictly saying is I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I want you to mix your genes with mine within our issue.

But I agree if it doesn't mean either of the above to you, why get married?

He already said, he is doing it because his girlfriend wants to. I doubt very much if he will be the first or the last bloke to get married for this reason.

col

Legendary Member
bianchi1 said:
On another point, anyone have any ideas what i should do with a second hand wedding ring!

You should have said while in mid chat with the girls,"where is your wedding ring,it was there a minute ago"?:biggrin:

Pete

I have worn mine every day for the past 26 years (26 years to the day, as it happens, today is our anniversary :biggrin:). In all that time, the ring (plain, 9ct) is in remarkably good nick, only a few scratches. I have had to get it enlarged, twice. :angry: I feel fairly safe in saying, the marriage is in reasonable nick too, after all these years, but the missus needs to be consulted on that matter, as well...

domtyler

Über Member
wafflycat said:
A very, very bad reason to get married IMO.

Not necessarily, he also said/implied strongly that he loved her. I get the impression he just doesn't buy into the marriage thing but is prepared to go along with it for the sake of a quiet life his girls happiness.

Couldn't it be argued that this kind of compromise and sacrifice of ones own beliefs or principles for the sake of your loved one is a very good basis for marriage?

Top Bottom