Weed Killer......which is best? has anyone tried white vinegar ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just use woodchip to stop the weeds.
All over my gravel beds?? That would work :blush:

screenman

Legendary Member
We used to use salt which worked very well, a local farmer gave us some Round-up and that is used now. We have 80yards x 6yards of gravel driveway, but very few weeds.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Are you busy this Saturday ?

Very

IMG_20190613_090215_376.jpg

:whistle:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
We used to use salt which worked very well, a local farmer gave us some Round-up and that is used now. We have 80yards x 6yards of gravel driveway, but very few weeds.
Is that just the same as I would buy in B&Q or a commercial grade ?

Broadside

Guru
View attachment 474719

The white vinegar is an interesting idea. Or if it's on gravel, where you're not expecting anything to grow, at all maybe use salt..
Or even both for the full, fish n chip effect :rolleyes:

I’ve just started using salt on a gravel area and also on block paving. I prefer the idea of it to a manufactured chemical option. I use a 25p 1kg bag from Morrisons which is enough for about 10 sq metres. I also add a bit of fairy liquid to make it stick to the weeds a bit long so they absorb it rather than the liquid just running off. The results seem pretty good so far, the weeds die off in about 5-10 days.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Strangely enough, today I went to a local machinery auction, looking for various things, one of which was a paraffin flame gun. On the basis that you can't have too many flame guns, I now own two! Can't wait to fire them up.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sorry this just reminded me of when I was perhaps 13 or 14. One of my jobs for my Uncle was to spray his driveway and other parts surrounding sheds and buildings etc. I used a big napsack sprayer filled with roundup. It was an old sprayer so used to leak a lot, all done my back. I also never wore any PPE. I wish I had now after reading everything about glyphosphate
Gramoxone 100, in Ireland.
View attachment 107344

Top Bottom