Weekend DIY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
why . rioja chilled is stunningly good. even the spanish do it

http://www.ehow.com/info_8027516_red-wines-need-chilled.html

:ohmy:

tyred

Legendary Member
Been one of those weekends where I've put the kiss of death on everything I've touched!

Efforts to service my old VW were thwarted with a replacement diesel filter which wouldn't seal properly due to a small and barely perceptible amount of damage around the sealing ring. Of course I only figured this out after wasting most of the morning trying to work out why I had a misfire and I ended up putting the old filter back on.

I had problems last weekend with a loose cotterpin on one of my 3 speed bikes. I always had a question mark about the parentage of this bike as although it has made in England written all over it, it has some continental style features. I removed the cranks, serviced the BB with new balls and fresh grease while I was at it and went to refit the cranks with nice shiny new cotterpins only to discover it takes the 9mm continental size and not the 3/8" ones like I thought it should so have now ordered some of those from Ebay at £4 for the pair when I have a big box of 3/8" ones sitting on the shelf so my favourite pottering about bike is now off the road awaiting parts so not pleased.

I built my hybrid gear project last night and the mech broke this morning and I had to walk home from my test ride!

U

User6179

Fitting new central heating , 7 radiators and all the pipe work , using Speeedfit plastic pipes with copper tails from the rads , hardest part is lifting the floor boards without damaging them , so far 5 rads in with 2 to go .
Confident there wont be (M)any leaks .

howard2107

I hate DIY and gardening.

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
I put some flat-pack book shelves together but with the end uprights the wrong way around so the holes for the shelf supports were on the outside of the unit.

At least you had holes, I remember putting together a flatpack table once where they'd forgotten to drill any holes at all.... I had to go around and make them myself.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
After 23 years we have finally decorated the room we've always kept the door shut on, which's been used as a dumping room for everything from the last house that we never got round to needing after we'd moved in... lifted the floor and put thicker Weyroc boards down, a new toilet +whb + new svp/ built in wardrobes, new insulated partition, skimmed 2 ceilings, new LED ceiling lights, 2 new radiators and 3 new doors and 2 carpets and some lino.... that's it, never doing any more.
We started it off at the end of February... we got help, not that daft!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
After 23 years we have finally decorated the room we've always kept the door shut on, which's been used as a dumping room for everything from the last house that we never got round to needing after we'd moved in... lifted the floor and put thicker Weyroc boards down, a new toilet +whb + new svp/ built in wardrobes, new insulated partition, skimmed 2 ceilings, new LED ceiling lights, 2 new radiators and 3 new doors and 2 carpets and some lino.... that's it, never doing any more.
We started it off at the end of February... we got help, not that daft!

I find this comforting. There's still some unopened boxes in the loft from a house move twenty seven years ago. Curiosity might get the better of me sometime.

Top Bottom