Weekend DIY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
I'm scraping bluddy masking tape off the windows.

I've never left it on more than a couple of days before. This time, however, we had a visitor between coats - she ended up staying 2 weeks. It never occurred to me that it would stick so completely.
Try nail varnish remover, maybe worth a go.
Got a few stuborn marks off Mr M's White gold bag with this, also when I got glue on my hands this worked. :smile:
Disclaimer - Use in a well ventilated area.

Stephenite

Membå
Thanks for the advice Mrs M. Mm.. smells lovely. Though I've found washing-up liquid and warm water, elbow grease and a glass scraper gets it off.

Did you know there are different types of masking tape? Coloured and graded according to how long you'll be leaving it on.

Mrs M

Guru
Thanks for the advice Mrs M. Mm.. smells lovely. Though I've found washing-up liquid and warm water, elbow grease and a glass scraper gets it off.

Did you know there are different types of masking tape? Coloured and graded according to how long you'll be leaving it on.
Didn't know that, thanks.
Just usually buy frog tape from Homebase and rip it of asap.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Thread resurrection!

I did make the 'spice' rack mentioned on page one, very chuffed with it I am too; no nails, just really neat joints that are barely visible and some glue.

After having a new boiler fitted, I'm currently refitting the old airing cupboard as a broom cupboard. This is the filthy hole I've got...

It needs a ceiling, a side and back wall to hide the lats and plaster, a shelf a bit higher than the one that used to hold the water tank, and that brick wall tarting up and painting, and a couple of doors making.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If I'd known you could have come and cleaned mine out :ohmy:
Monday night i had to recover pipework, rewallpaper , nail down floor boards and add carpet grippers after we had a pipe burst and as we are trying to move house and had a viewing the next day , i have had enough diy and holes that are wet and dirty for this week .

Top Bottom