Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Banjo said:
Started cycling about 3 months ago for fitness and fun plus my 3 mile eachway work commute.

5 FT 9 tall 51 yr old male. Was very fit untill about age 30 when it all went downhill.

20 March 2009 16 stone0
27 March 15 stone 13
3d April 15 stone 7
10 th April no change
17 th April 15stone 6
24thApril15stone4
1st May no change
8th May15 stone 0 Yippee first stone of lard ditched :-)
15thMay14stone13
22ndMay14stone10

Not really on a diet but have cut back on crisps biscuits etc eating more cereals and fruit .I think the cycling is the prime reason for the weight loss (I have averaged 65 miles per week),also feel much better in myself .

Good luck to everyone else going down a similar road.

thats very impressive Banjo well done. if I review my weight over the same period it would go up and down like a yo-yo and end up about the same B)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Weight

Thanks for that Peanut. I have been lucky with the weather so far,only wimped out once or twice and took the car.Im hoping by the time winter comes around I will be confident enough to ride in the wet.

Re weight yo yo ing That must be really discouraging,maybe you need to have a close look at what your eating. Its easy not to realize how bad some foods are .Fruit smoothies for example look like a healthy option but are loaded with calories.

good Luck .

peanut

Banjo said:
Re weight yo yo ing That must be really discouraging,maybe you need to have a close look at what your eating. Its easy not to realize how bad some foods are .Fruit smoothies for example look like a healthy option but are loaded with calories.
good Luck .

never a truer word spoken .:sad:

I kept a food diary at the suggestion of my Partner (who is incidentally a qualified nutritionist and fitness instructor :biggrin:) I was amazed at where the extra calories were piling up.
Sandwich every lunch time 475Cal :rolleyes: biscuits with tea 450cals per day , 3x cuppa soups 450 cals per day bowl of cereal for supper 350cals thats 1625 additional calories per day :ohmy:
thats 8000 extra calories per work week which is roughly 2 lbs gulp and there are no hamburgers hotdogs or curries in there .

peanut

well I've lost 11 lbs now in just over 3 weeks and its all down to fruit I reckon. I'm pretty much eating the same as before and doing the same amount of exercise but quit eating any bread and started eating fruit daily(hate fruit)
I eat 1 or 2x apples a day instead of a sandwich (saves 450 cals per day)and at night I eat a bowl of grapes, rasberries, and strawberries with a lowfat strawberry yogurt Mmm ;)

It has totally changed my digestive movements if you get my meaning :biggrin: and that is I think the key to steady weight loss.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
For the first time in a while I got below 17stone today! Only a pound under but that's 3 stone lost now. 3 to go and I'll see how I look and feel from there!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
eldudino said:
For the first time in a while I got below 17stone today! Only a pound under but that's 3 stone lost now. 3 to go and I'll see how I look and feel from there!

Nice one mate. Feels good when you reach a milestone doesnt it?

I am hoping that tommorow when I do my weekly weigh in I will be half way to my goal. Started at 16 Stone want to be 12 last week was 14 stone 1 lb so my fingers are crossed.

scots_lass

Haven't done much extra exercise for the past two years. Six weeks ago I was 9st 10lbs (have put on about a stone in the last year). Got my bike out and so far in 6 weeks have done 245 miles. What do I weigh now? 9st 10lbs! Where am I going wrong? haven't changed my eating habits in the last 6 weeks - eat fairly healthily (ie no junk food, very little biscuits & choc). Any help gratefully received! I don't like the fact that middle-age spread had eventually got me!

Top Bottom