Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

jimboalee said:
11 stone at 5'8".

What is your fat%? If it is acceptable - 10 to 14%, you should be thinking about putting on some muscle mass. 4lb on each leg wouldn't go un-noticed.

how do you calculate/test for your fat %age?

blazed

220lb+
I was 16 stone not much more than a year ago mainly through drink to much partying. Pretty good shape now although still drink to much but i eat healthy and do hard exercise at least 5 days/week. Still probably around 14% body fat which i want to get down to %10.

Will look for a before but this is recent

93286661.png

Oh and those BMI calculators are crap i am overweight according to them they dont factor in the extra muscle which everyone knows weighs more than fat.

bonj said:
how do you calculate/test for your fat %age?

Easiest way is calipers.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice one Blazed. By coincidence my start weight was 16 stone on 5 ft 9inch height not good. Now on 13 stone exactly.(As of my Friday morning weigh in today)

As you say extra muscle weighs heavy so that must equate to more than 3 stone of fat gone.

I still have the remains of man boobs and a bit of flab on the waist line which needs to go.I cant do gyms so am thinking of some weights at home to improve upperbody.

For me I think 12 stone is a good healthy weight. I was 11.5 when very fit in my twenties.Now at 51 i think 12 will be right.

Re fat percentages is there an electronic method of measuring it? I vaguely recall mention of a body fat analyser machine,dont think my GP would have one ,may ask at the leisure center.

PS Im not posting a shirt off pic just yet :-)

Bill Gates

I've not done much cycling this week but have lost 3 lbs since Sunday. Due to changing my diet to eat more healthily and naturally reduce LDL in my blood, I have decided to eat nothing containing wheat, and replace it with oats.

That means porridge fror breakfast and no toast. No sandwiches for lunch, no pasta, no sweet biscuits, or wheat based crackers, but oat based crackers (Nairns). Another thing is eating apples. I can just manage one a day and I tell you this stuff fills you up and kills your appetite; the spin off for me has been 3 lbs weight loss after only 5 days.

My target weight for the last 5 years has been 12 stone 7 lbs, which is the weight I used to race at. I've hovered around 13st 7-10 lbs for most of that time. This morning I weighed 13 stone 5 lbs. I'll post again next Friday (should get on the bike a bit as well), with what I hope to be around 13 stone 2 lbs.

jimboalee

Bill Gates said:
I've not done much cycling this week but have lost 3 lbs since Sunday. Due to changing my diet to eat more healthily and naturally reduce LDL in my blood, I have decided to not eat anything containing wheat, and replace it with oats.

That means porridge fror breakfast and no toast. No sandwiches for lunch, no pasta, no sweet biscuits, or wheat based crackers, but oat based crackers (Nairns). Another thing is eating apples. I can just manage one a day and I tell you this stuff fills you up and kills your appetite; the spin off for me has been 3 lbs weight loss after only 5 days.

My target weight for the last 5 years has been 12 stone 7 lbs, which is the weight I used to race at. I've hovered around 13st 7-10 lbs for most of that time. This morning I weighed 13 stone 5 lbs. I'll post again next Friday (should get on the bike a bit as well), with what I hope to be around 13 stone 2 lbs.

You are going on the 'Neolithic diet'.

Been on this for years. Oats yes, cus they can be eaten raw or boiled in water.
Even combined with toasted oats and dried fruit to make Muesli....

blazed

220lb+
Banjo said:
Nice one Blazed. By coincidence my start weight was 16 stone on 5 ft 9inch height not good. Now on 13 stone exactly.(As of my Friday morning weigh in today)

As you say extra muscle weighs heavy so that must equate to more than 3 stone of fat gone.

I still have the remains of man boobs and a bit of flab on the waist line which needs to go.I cant do gyms so am thinking of some weights at home to improve upperbody.

For me I think 12 stone is a good healthy weight. I was 11.5 when very fit in my twenties.Now at 51 i think 12 will be right.

Re fat percentages is there an electronic method of measuring it? I vaguely recall mention of a body fat analyser machine,dont think my GP would have one ,may ask at the leisure center.

PS Im not posting a shirt off pic just yet :-)

I do all my weights at home, all i have is a barbell, dumbells and a bench. You can work practically every muscle in lots of ways without needing gym equipment. I also hated waiting around for people to finish since certain machines at the gym were always more popular.

There is an electric method i had it done at bupa they attach some stuff to your feet and run a current through your body i think. They said this is the most accurate method although it gave me the same results as using simple calipers.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
<Panter hesitantly enters the room>

Hi all, I'll be joining you with this post which I'll update bi-weekly.

I kind of have 3 goals.

1) Back to my lowest weight this Year (17st5lbs)

2) <100Kg (15st10lbs)

3) My correct weight. (I don't know what this is, I'll see how it goes.)

Target (2) is the biggie, and it's significant to me as a lot of suspension fork air pressure guides stop at 100Kg as they're just not designed for anyone heavier, which is very humiliating.

EDIT: Going back to stones/pounds. Although the conversion is very simple, my peanut brain just can't cope with it for some reason.....

Anyway, here goes:

06/09/09: 18st 5lbs
20/09/09: 18st 0lbs
04/10/09: 17st 10lbs
18/10/09: 17st 5lbs
WooHoo, Target (1) achieved :biggrin:
01/11/09: 17st 5lbs Doh!
15/11/09: 17ST 5lbs :sad:
29/11/09: 17ST 5lbs *SOBS*
13/12/09 - 23/02/10: *whistles*

Ok, time to get back on track methinks....

24/02/10: 17st1lbs

Dissapointing, I should be near my final target by now but am still miles off it.
Still, I have dropped 1st 4lbs since I started so that's something :laugh:

16/03/10: 16st 12lbs
30/03/10: 16st 11lbs
22/04/10: 16st 8lbs
(sloooowly getting there :biggrin: )
14/05/10: 16st 6lbs
18/06/10: 16st 4lbs
09/07/10: 16st 2lbs
16/07/10: 16st 0lbs
23/07/10:
16st 0lbs Bugger. I'd really hoped to be <16 Stone today. Must try harder, must try harder, must try harder...
between then and now... 16st 4lbs :sad:
09/09/10: 16st 1lbs *whistles*

Ok, no updates for a while. Christmas, illness, the weather and laziness saw me off the bike for the best part of three months and, of course, the weight shot up :sad:
A few weeks back I was:

16st 8lbs
So I've been hitting it hard last few weeks and loosing 2-3lbs/week :biggrin:
Anyway, bottom line is:

02/04/11: 15st 13lbs (First time sub 16 stone for a long, long time):biggrin:
25/04/11: 15st 11lbs (just back from two weeks all-inclusive holiday in Egypyt so not bad going :biggrin: actually weighed in at 15st 5lbs the day after we landed but that was due to serious stomach issues... :whistle:)
29/04/11: 15st 8lbs Target Two achieved :biggrin::wahhey:
13/05/11: 15st 5lbs 3 stone lost since I started this now :biggrin:
27/05/11: 15st 6lbs FFS. Let it slip a bit last couple of weeks, and it shows.
10/06/11: 15ST 5LBS Hopefully back on the wagon now...
17/06/11: 15st 7lbs FFS :cry:
08/07/11: 15st 9lbsFFS X 2 :cry:
15/07/11: 15st 5lbsNot quite sure what's going on here, maybe the scales aren't the best but I vow NEVER to rise above this weight. Don't mind staying the same for a while, losing it is better, putting it on is unacceptable.
31/08/11: Ok, honesty time... At my last weigh-in, I was back at over 16 stone. I've been cycling hard, but not watching the eating and have just had a week off with no exercise but no shortage of good food :blush:
So, I'm not going to demoralize myself further with a weigh in this week, or maybe even next but am firmly back on track to lose the lard. Again.

16/09/11: 16st 0lbs Ho hum, what to say...

23/3/12: 16st 8lbs Been reluctant to update this for a while as things weren't going well. But, time to pull my head out the sand and crack on with it. I'm back to where I was two bloody Years ago :sad:
30/3/12: 16st 12lbs
13/04/12: 16st 8lbs
01/5/12: 16st 9lbs

FF to October 2014 and I've slimmed down to:
26/10/14: 19st 5lbs. I could cry, Not sure what to say really, it was a very bad Year for personal reasons, didn't get on the bike for a Year and just piled on the pounds. So, here we go with weight loss attempt # 746
02/11/14: 19st 0lbs. I can't honestly say I'm proud to have lost enough weight to drop me to 19 stone but at least its a step in the right direction for once. It actually seems a little rapid to me, I'd rather lose IRO 3lbs a week tops as this isn't a diet but a lifestyle change but I'll keep an eye on progress. Part of the problem is switching to the mainly-vegan diet and having to relearn the calorific value of the different foods. Still, next week I should be "down" to 18st something so its all progress. I need to stop waffling...
8/11/14: 18st 13lbs. OK, 18 something, just. Can't quite believe I only lost a pound but maybe it was the more impressive weight loss the week before just balancing out. Still, its headed in the right direction at least.
16/11/14: 18st 5lbs. Seems to be coming off too quickly, but then only 1lb the week before, it seems to be coming off in two weekly cycles. Still, :biggrin:
22/11/14: 18st 1lb
30/11/14: 17st 12lbs
07/12/14: 17st 10lbs
14/12/14: 17st 7lbs
21/12/14: 17st 5lbs
2 Stone lost in nearly Two Months.
28/12/14: 17st 7lbs. Xmas over-indulgence.
10/5/15 17st 3.2lbbs
17/5/15 17st 0lbs

Last edited:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I need to do something, my boobs are nearly as big as the wife's , cycling is ok but jogging lol.

Anyway; 5' 11''
21/09/09 - 14st 4lbs

slinky malinky

Been a few weeks dropped down to 13.10 :wacko: kept training level at around 90 miles a week but did as was told cut out (most) of the cheese and milk (now really look gaunt in face but who cares!!!) climbing better but still suffering on the sprints any hints??

Banjo

slinky malinky said:
Been a few weeks dropped down to 13.10 ;) kept training level at around 90 miles a week but did as was told cut out (most) of the cheese and milk (now really look gaunt in face but who cares!!!) climbing better but still suffering on the sprints any hints??

I have had the same experience,been riding about 60 miles/week for 6 months when riding with more experienced riders of my own age or youinger I find I struggle to keep up on the easy bits but find the hills easy to keep up.Weird or what? I think it may be due to my short but steep commute home from work being mostly uphill.

Losidan

Went to the doc's with the mrs last night so while I was there I jumped on the scales. (really must buy some!) Total weight loss now stands at 6.3 stones for me. Pretty chuffed.
I was targetting a kilo a week which was working but seems to have dropped off to half a kilo a week during the last month.
Wondering if this is because I am in the final third of what I need to lose so it will take more time to come off or I need to change it up again as I am getting used to current diet and exercise?

Banjo

Losidan said:
Went to the doc's with the mrs last night so while I was there I jumped on the scales. (really must buy some!) Total weight loss now stands at 6.3 stones for me. Pretty chuffed.
I was targetting a kilo a week which was working but seems to have dropped off to half a kilo a week during the last month.
Wondering if this is because I am in the final third of what I need to lose so it will take more time to come off or I need to change it up again as I am getting used to current diet and exercise?

Well done 6.3 STONE GONE is a major achievment.i am still chuffed and not even lost half that.I think its normal that as you get closer to your ideal weight the weight loss gets slower.I was losing 2 or 3 lbs/week initially now down to less than 1lb/week,I dont care how slow provided its going down.

potsy

Rambler
After a good spell in the middle of the year I'm now having my usual end of year struggle,only 2lbs lost since June.
Last year's starting weight identical to this year,similar loss through to August/September then bang right back up to where I started,hoping this time the cycling will keep the weight stable, even if there is no more loss,really don't want to start next year back at square 1
Posting on here should help with the motivation.
Good luck to all on this thread.

Top Bottom