Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brahan

Über Member
Hello guys

I'm 5ft 9 and two months ago I was 14st 11lbs
I weighed myself this morning and I am now 13st 12lbs. I'm delighted, really I am. At 30 years old I have tried the old 'kicking the beer in to touch' more times than you can imagine but that never lasts more than a week and the beer tits are back. Like most men who carry a bit of weight I was always concious of it but never really too bothered to make changes in my lifestyle. I adore beer and burgers and slept on a gut full of food too many times. Its difficult to do anything when there is no motivation. This isnt a 'butterfly from a chrystalis' type of story but what I've done is just get on my bike as often as I can. My fitness has gone through the roof (compared to what it was) and I now want to see how super fit I can get. One point I want to make is that my goals are not weight based. I have set out to get fit and climb hills which would otherwise kill me and compete in TTs so I can improve on the times and by doing this I'm focussed on my fitness rather than the number on the scales. It's early days and at the moment I'm still motivated......but like all things, this may change........

cycling fisherman

Another Improvement

cycling fisherman said:
i started out in may 2008, granted with excess water i was a bloated 21 and a half stone which is 136 KG WOW !!! BMI 38.5

to now AUG 24 18 stone 2lb which is approx 116 KG WOW !!! BMI 32.5

My target by early December is 15 stone 7 lbs which is approx 98 KG BMI 27.5

got weighed yesterday October 3rd i'm now down to 17 stone 3 lbs not far to go now for target !!!

Just met up with someone who I haven't seen for a while. She's a lady of a certain age.

"My" she said "you're looking very fit. Lost that belly" and rubbed her hands along my midriff.

Fair made my day. :evil:

Janeyb

Lovely when that happens isn't it. Someone actually called me a 'skinny minx' the other day! I grinned from ear to ear for about half an hour!

Well done twenty inch

twowheelsgood

RedBike said:
I'm 5'9" and 97kg.

Having read most of this thread i'm now on a diet. - I didn't think I was 'that' fat. Boy was I wrong.

btw
<<<<< Thats not me!!

this is me
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61923625@N00/2912957606/

To me in your picture on flickr, you look like an totally normal, healthy weight.

The trouble is I think people have mentally adjusted their image as the average weight has gone up.

It's only really when you look at a street scene filmed in say the 1950s that you realise the difference and just how heavy people today are. People with a healthy BMI of 20-25 actually look malnourished to me!

1.92m and 116kg -> aiming for 90kg! The shock (litterally) came to me when I realised I could no longer adjust the air shock on my MTB for my weight. 75% of body weight in lbs to a maximum of 175lbs - gives an effective maximum of 106.5kg!!! I love skiing too and not carrying effectively one of those giant bottles from an office watercooler full of water should make it much easier on the knees.

I wonder how many people here are exceeding recommended weights on bike components. I know I have to run tyres over pressure. For example most race 23c tyres have a maximum pressure which corresponds to the recommende level for an 85kg rider......

ChrisCrc

I had the same problem with my weight....For 15 years when i was at my prime i was 10 and a 1/2 stone ( i am 5"8) and there was not a ounce of fat on me, I had a great 6 pack as well as i used to do loads of sit-ups and crunches every other day, I also only used to eat 1 meal a day and always had a good ride each day......Then the day came when i got into computers and also i was training for a Graphic Design degree, 6 years down the line of sitting on me arse at the computer at work i put on 5 stone ( its amazing how the weight goes on ) and i felt so uncomfortable and had to buy a whole new wardrobe to suit. I totally changed my life style a couple of years ago and stopped eating all the crap that is so readily available and got me bike out of the garage and jumped back on it, I now cycle everywhere as i used to and certainly look fitter and feel healthier. If i can do it then anyone can do it. Keep up the good work you know it makes sense..

bigfella

Über Member
cycling fisherman said:
i started out in may 2008, granted with excess water i was a bloated 21 and a half stone which is 136 KG WOW !!! BMI 38.5

to now AUG 24 18 stone 2lb which is approx 116 KG WOW !!! BMI 32.5

My target by early December is 15 stone 7 lbs which is approx 98 KG BMI 27.5

I'm aspiring to you!!

:biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Was 18 stoneish, 252lbs, 114.3kg in Oct08, couple of false starts but got going properly in Jan09, weighing myself once every 4 weeks.

todays weigh in - 16 stone, 224lbs, 101.6kg

weight lost - 2 stone, 28lbs, 12.7kg

target - 13stone, 182lbs, 82.55kg

to go - 3 stone, 42lbs, 19kg

height 6ft 1"

seem to have been losing at a rate of half a stone every 4 weeks, have not dieted at all. Since Jan09 I have cycled 1250 miles(almost no miles in Feb09 due to weather and illness) and my average speed, over 20 mile commute/training has improved from 10mph to 15mph.

bigfella

Über Member
I've lost around 9kg in a month, just through eating better. Watching my booze (and not drinking it :laugh: ) and riding to work.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
188 cm and 98.5 Kg (down from 109 Kg three years ago) BMI 27.9

diet started today (Cheater's Diet) aiming to get down to 86 Kg by start of (September) next Rugby Union season. Need to overcome an allergy to cycle commuting in the rain along the way :rolleyes:

tonka

Decided to leave the motorbike at home and started cycling to work again in Febuary after hitting 16st at 6'2". Now down to 14st 12lbs with no real dieting as such. Hope to hit my goal of 13st 7lbs by July 15th (daughters birthday) so have knocked the booze on the head and started the diet.

puddleglum

Just stood on scales for first time in 6 months. Might be something to do with having quit smoking in that time, but at 5 foot 8 or 9, I'm weighing 81.75 kg. My normal weight is 72 - 74 kg. Ironically, I feel quite fit and my cycling has improved no end! This weight has to go though ;)
Every Sunday morning from now on, I will publish my weight on here.

puddleglum said:
Just stood on scales for first time in 6 months. Might be something to do with having quit smoking in that time, but at 5 foot 8 or 9, I'm weighing 81.75 kg. My normal weight is 72 - 74 kg. Ironically, I feel quite fit and my cycling has improved no end! This weight has to go though ;)
Every Sunday morning from now on, I will publish my weight on here.

I better finish off the tiffin for you then! ;)

Top Bottom