Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

Taking the plunge and have finally decided to stop kidding myself that I can eat anything I want as I'm cycling lots! The only 'diet' that has ever worked for me is the GI diet. I lost weight easily on it and pretty much maintained it until last year when I moved house, my dad was ill and then I broke my arm! Off the wagon big time but having braved the scales at the weekend - yikes!

So here's the nasty, embarassing, honest bit!

Female (but guess you got that already!) 5 ft 8 and weighed in on Monday morning at 12 st 4 lb Ouch

So.....been angelic all week and it's reminded me how easy the GI diet is.....so here's hoping!

Janeyb

Sure no-one is particularly interested but want somewhere to track my progress as a bit of an inspiration......I will be embarassed if I had to admit to putting on weight on here!

So....weighed in this morning.

12 st dead on.......which equals 4 lb lost since last Monday!

Chuffed and since hubbie is home from Dublin tonight and it's a year today since we moved into our lovely house, I am celebrating tonight!

porridge

Janeyb said:
Sure no-one is particularly interested but want somewhere to track my progress as a bit of an inspiration......I will be embarassed if I had to admit to putting on weight on here!

So....weighed in this morning.

12 st dead on.......which equals 4 lb lost since last Monday!

Chuffed and since hubbie is home from Dublin tonight and it's a year today since we moved into our lovely house, I am celebrating tonight!

Nice loss, but beware of losing too much weight too quickly, my aim is too lose 2lb a week.

Good luck

Janeyb

Yeah....was thinking 1 lb a week would be fine but not complaining. GI is really easy though......I don't actually feel like I'm on a diet as I hardly stop eating!

porridge

Just had my weekly weigh in, ive achieved my target of 1 kg ;) and im now hitting the scales at 83kg, I go away for a week in mid august and im wondering whether I should buy a cycle rack and take my bike or not?.

Janeyb

Well done you. Good feeling I bet. As for bike rack and taking bike away.......but of course! Think of it as helping you maintain your weight by being able to take some exercise while away! We're off to france in September and the bikes are coming with us. Got to help with all that lovely food and wine we'll be consuming!

anglesey

Thought you might be able to offer some advice...?!

I've been cycling to work for about 3 months now - 12 miles each way which takes me roughly 55-60 minutes. Mostly flat but some hilly bits too. I started at one day a week as I was previously a complete non-cyclist and am now cycling 4 days a week. Wears me out and by the end of the week am good for nothing, so am clearly putting some effort it.

Apart from hating commuting on a hot and sweaty train, my main reason for starting cycling was to lose some weight. However, despite all my efforts, I haven't lost a single pound! I wish I could say I'm putting muscle on and I have seen my thighs become a bit less wobbly, but really nothing like what I'd expected! I have seen an increase in fitness - tackling hills better, faster recovery etc so not all lost.

My diet is pretty healthy - porridge for breakfast etc - and I've been trying to fill the newly-found raging hunger with bananas and oranges.I'm 5'4 and - deep breath - 10 stone.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any advice greatly appreciated!

anglesey

A quick update: I think things are finally moving! Clothes starting to feel slightly looser and have had several compliments on looking slimmer. Will just ignore the scales from now on.

Have regained faith that my two hours a day is having some effect!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Weight now established under 15st. Next immediate target is sub 14.5st.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
OK
Here goes...

AHEM... My name is Fab Foodie... and I am a fat-bastard.

It's no good, my belly's getting bigger, 5' 9" and 85kg all in the wrong place.
Doc says gotta loose it (due to high Cholesterol/CHD issues).

So, I'm in, wanna loose2 to 2.5 stones. Will weigh-in officially at work tomorrow.
Gonna use the low GI/Lower carb route primarily with a lot of Fruit & Veg.

Janeyb

anglesey said:
Thought you might be able to offer some advice...?!

I've been cycling to work for about 3 months now - 12 miles each way which takes me roughly 55-60 minutes. Mostly flat but some hilly bits too. I started at one day a week as I was previously a complete non-cyclist and am now cycling 4 days a week. Wears me out and by the end of the week am good for nothing, so am clearly putting some effort it.

Apart from hating commuting on a hot and sweaty train, my main reason for starting cycling was to lose some weight. However, despite all my efforts, I haven't lost a single pound! I wish I could say I'm putting muscle on and I have seen my thighs become a bit less wobbly, but really nothing like what I'd expected! I have seen an increase in fitness - tackling hills better, faster recovery etc so not all lost.

My diet is pretty healthy - porridge for breakfast etc - and I've been trying to fill the newly-found raging hunger with bananas and oranges.I'm 5'4 and - deep breath - 10 stone.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Try and stick to a low GI diet. Lots of people (me included) say it works for them. Rick Gallup produced a book about it which I used and find it really straightforward. No calorie counting etc.....just eating the right foods!

Janeyb

Ok.....so I know I should be losing weight slowly but I can't help the fact that I have had a very stressfull week and have lost another 4 lb this week! That's 11 lb in 3 weeks which I know is a bit excessive but believe me, I'm eating loads! Obviously a bit of stress works wonders for my waistline.

So officially I have gone from a rather large 12 st 4 lb (female 5 ft 8 ") to a slightly more acceptable 11st 7 lb. Want to get to around 10 st 10! Fingers crossed!

cycling fisherman

i started out in may 2008, granted with excess water i was a bloated 21 and a half stone which is 136 KG WOW !!! BMI 38.5

to now AUG 24 18 stone 2lb which is approx 116 KG WOW !!! BMI 32.5

My target by early December is 15 stone 7 lbs which is approx 98 KG BMI 27.5

Janeyb

Just had to document this so I can inspire myself a bit more. Am now down to 11 st 4 lb so have lost a stone in weight so far. Got back into size 12 jeans yesterday (a little bit of a squeeze but not too bad!) and loads of clothes going to charity shops as just way too big. I feel great and am starting to notice that if I eat rubbish....I feel rubbish! Two more weeks until my holiday so rather than saying I want to weigh 11 stone by the time I go, I am going to say that I want the size 12 jeans to be comfortable. Finger crossed.

yoyo

Good on you Janeyb. It's such a great feeling going down through the sizes. Hope you soon need to take your size 12s to the charity shop too!!

Top Bottom